My windows cant find wireless network

G

Hello,
I've tried everything this link has given me to try: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/3920-17-view-wireless-networks. I still can't figure out how to get my wireless to work. My Dad set up a apple Time machine and for a while my windows was working fine connecting to the internet my dad set up with the Time Machine, but now it no longer works. He also got this Linksys and since then my wireless has been weird. (i turned it on and then off) Any ideas as to why my computer wont read any wireless networks? and how to fix it?

G

Connect the computer to the router with an ethernet cable.

See the literature which came with your router for how to access the user setup screens in the router. Once in go to wireless security and review or renew the wireless security type and password. WPA PSK TKIP is the most common security type in use. Make a note of the SSID or change it to one of your invention. Go to wireless mode and ensure that it's set to a protocol matching your computer's wireless adapter (mixed mode is a safe bet).

Disconnect ethernet cable.

Go to the computer's wireless networking setup screen and see if you can detect the router's SSID (wireless call sign). Select that network.

Apply the wireless security type and password to the computer's wireless networking setup screen.