barrymobiel

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2010

Timop

Distinguished
http://azerty.nl/8-971-290913/gainward-geforce-gtx-460-768mb-.html
http://azerty.nl/8-971-288020/gigabyte-gv-n460oc-768i-grafis.html

Why buy more expensive ones?

The Gainward looks like a reference design so dont worry about the fans/cooling, while the Gigabyte uses the "Gigabyte cooler" and should be slightly cooler than the stock one if not ever-so-slightly louder also.

Unless you have to have the lifetime warranty on the EVGA, no point getting it IMO.

Timop, I really dont get where you are coming from with this,

Personally I would pay the very slight differance between the cards. Based on the MSI card being the one with the better cooler and the highest default clocks. Also you have a first hand user telling you that the card runs quiet, and you want to argue the toss over $9.43 ?? Thats the differance between the two cards worth considering.

Mactronix

notty22

Distinguished
^^^
I agree, its like offering every 5850 is the same. A couple models from a master board vendor might be the same. But in the case of the 460 alot of custom pcb' designs.
From what I've read, I like the MSI cylcone's and the Gigabyte dual fan model, over the reference center fan design. In one review/picture they stated the Cyclone pcb was a little longer, imo this puts the VRM's a little further away from the gpu, allowing a little more cooling.

I can at least attest to MSI making a quality GPU product. I've owned 3 or more MSI video cards over the years. :) Yet to run into any problems. Most recently, I owned 2 x MSI GTX 260's, and now own an MSI GTX 470. So I've had products from MSI that are recent/modern. No issues.

Saw a review once on the GTX 460's and their coolers. The MSI Cyclone did indeed test well. From the review, it runs cooler and quieter. :) Plus with a factory OC.. why not?

Timop

Distinguished

Didn't see the MSI one nor am I familiar with the cyclone cooler, but if you have first hand knowledge of its performance, you may be right and it may be worth it.

Its just to me that on a card like the 460 that isnt hot even with a stock cooler and extremely OCable, even paying $10 for higher stock clocks isnt worth it.

barrymobiel

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2010
I have a monitor of 1280X1024.
From this list: =on&GROEP_ID=971&p_tab=8&v_uitgebreid=off&PAGINA=1&SORTERING=levertijd_asc]http://azerty.nl/producten/zoek/?LEVERTIJD_MAX=on&VERFIJNING_2769[197638]=on&GROEP_ID=971&p_tab=8&v_uitgebreid=off&PAGINA=1&SORTERING=levertijd_asc
Which one should i chose. Many people say the msi is a good one.
Every card on that list is in my price range.
Im not realy an overclocker so i want an gtx 460 that is already overclocked.
I cant find much review about the gainward gtx 460 GS-GLH.
I hope you guys can help me!

barrymobiel

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2010
Damit the link doesnt work good, you need to press on grafische kaarten and then Nvidia---> PCI-e nvidia, then in the top menu: grafische processor. You will see nvidia gtx 460 and click on that, then press the yellow buton (tonen).
This is the list of card that are in my budget!

For 1280x1024 I would forget about the GTX 460 and just get an HD5770. Both would be overkill really but the HD5770 will be significantly cheaper and use much less power.
You should only consider a better card than that if you are planning to upgrade your monitor.

I would get the Cyclone 768 model if i was you. Technically you wont need all it can deliver a lot of the time but there are games that could easilly use all of what it can deliver and then some. It can just about break 30 FPS in Crysis using an i7 CPU at your resolution. So clearly there are games that call for that kind of performance at your resolution.

Mactronix

mooman

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2010
gainward and palit do not have heatpipes, they have been manufactured cheaply, best to get the cheapest you can find, the cyclone isnt worth the price premuim over one with the reference design, since the reference design is so good already, and 768mb is enough, i just bought an inno 3d 768mb version for £145

TRENDING THREADS