Sign in with
Your question

Please Help, Motherboard won't boot urgent!!

Last response: in Motherboards
July 13, 2011 9:54:03 AM

Hi there,

I need urgent help on a new build,

Built yesterday, no problems. Booted fine windows 7 installed all was good (except the moptherboard onboard LAN not finding iself)

I turn it on this morning.. No beep no video input, Fans running on full. Held the power switch to turn off

All connections appeared fine

Occasionally it turns on, the fans calm down, the DVD and HDD sound like they are booting, but no boot and no beep

Take the RAM in and out and their is one beep (phew) motherboard boots into BIOS, starts to boot into windows, and then the screen says no video input

Won't boot again

Take the left RAM stick out, boot. Nothing

Replace, Take the right stick out, boot. Nothing

Take both out quickly and replace, boot. Nothing

Take both out, leave for a bit hope the motherboard resets, boot. Nothing

Try again, motherboard boots, windows screen... cuts out like before

When I apply pressure to the motherboard it occasionally boots with the fans calming down, however no boot into BIOS or Windows

It was fine last night what the hell is going on?!

The Motherboard isn't being short circuited by the case I checked
a b V Motherboard
July 13, 2011 11:04:20 AM

Sounds like a faulty motherboard.
July 13, 2011 11:12:49 AM

It's weird, the motherboard's LAN should find itself with a Windows 7 install right
a b V Motherboard
July 14, 2011 2:18:06 AM

The "LAN" won't "find itself". After install, Windows should detect all installed/functional hardware, and if possible install a functional driver for detected hardware. If the integrated network controller is functional, Windows should install a default driver for it, at which point the integrated network controller should detect any network it's connected to.

LAN = Local Area Network.
!