Sign in with
Your question

$300 Build/Upgrade

Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
August 28, 2010 10:34:53 PM

Hi Guys :hello: !

I was looking to upgrade my computer but i dont really want to buy a new one because i want to wait till 2011 :D . Anyways....

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: 2 weeks

BUDGET RANGE: Absolute limit - $300 CAD

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Minor games and mostly surfing the internet.

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, OS, Hardive, Optical drive, PSU and Case. Parts that i need = Motherboard, CPU, RAM, Graphics card.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg.ca and memoryexpress.com

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Canada

PARTS PREFERENCES: None

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1024x768

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Need a Graphics card that doesnt require psu power cable. My current psu doesnt have a pcie connector. PSU = 350W

These are the parts that i picked out:

AMD Athlon II X2 Regor 3.0ghz

BIOSTAR TA785G3HD AM3 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

SAPPHIRE 100289L Radeon HD 5670 (Redwood) 1GB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

G.SKILL NS 2GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9S-2GBNS

Total: $290

If you guys could find better parts that would be great :p 
Also can you guys check if these are compatible or not and did i pick the right parts or not. Sorry, I really have no idea about parts and what not...

Thank you in Advance :D  :love: 

OHHH btw, i can only fit a micro ATX in the case :D 

More about : 300 build upgrade

August 28, 2010 10:48:36 PM

all the parts are compatible but your gonna wanna get a beefier power supply.. i dont think 350w its going to cut it.. it might work.. but i would definitely get a bigger power supply.. its not something you want to skimp out on.. but heres a combo with the smae mobo and gpu.. except the mobo is made by Asus..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...
Anonymous
August 28, 2010 11:11:38 PM

I dont really have any knowledge in computers, but i went to this website and it told me that i would need only 219W. Not saying you are wrong or anything.

http://i35.tinypic.com/2vvw0pd.jpg

Also, that combo you listed got me excited, but its from newegg.com, im in Canada :D 

Um.. do you recommend anyother Graphics card aswell? or is this fine? :D 
August 28, 2010 11:19:15 PM

Quote:
I dont really have any knowledge in computers, but i went to this website and it told me that i would need only 219W. Not saying you are wrong or anything.

http://i35.tinypic.com/2vvw0pd.jpg

Also, that combo you listed got me excited, but its from newegg.com, im in Canada :D 

Um.. do you recommend anyother Graphics card aswell? or is this fine? :D 

thats a great card for the money.. a very good budget card.. i mean the psu will work for now.. but id REALLY look into getting a bigger one in the future.. it may say your only using 219W.. but in reality.. with the actual hardware in use.. itll prob. go out alot quicker since its being pushed to almost its max all the time.. try to get any 80+ certified psu from a good brand.. i didnt know newegg didnt ship to Canada.. ughhh.. that sucks..
!