Sign in with
Your question
Solved

GTX 460 in HP Pavillion 6350z

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 25, 2010 1:17:02 AM

Hello, I am planning on buying a GTX 460 for my PC, I don't plan on overclocking, or running any SLI configurations. I just want to install a single card for some gaming.

I have bought an HP Pavillion 6350z, I just finished doing some mesurements and it seems to be enough space, but I wanted to know if anyone else has installed a card of this caliber into a machine of similar size.
a b Î Nvidia
a b K Overclocking
July 25, 2010 1:30:19 AM

How strong is the power supply in there? The GTX 460 isnt super power hungry but it does require some extra and your average 350W OEM PSU wont cut it. One thing to check in your case, will you have enough airflow? Fitting the card in there is just the first step, you need to make sure its not touching the bottom of the case and getting no air too.
m
l
July 25, 2010 1:49:06 AM

hunter315 said:
How strong is the power supply in there? The GTX 460 isnt super power hungry but it does require some extra and your average 350W OEM PSU wont cut it. One thing to check in your case, will you have enough airflow? Fitting the card in there is just the first step, you need to make sure its not touching the bottom of the case and getting no air too.

I'm buying a Corsair 450 Watt PSU along with the GPU.

Well I thought that the airflow would be the least of my problems, I say that because the temperature in the case is always quite cool (just did a quick hand check and the air was cold), there's very little dust and there is still two PCI-E X1 slots to the right of the card slot which I will never use. I'd say that the cables leading from the power supply are in the way right now, should I cut the cable tie to push them elsewhere?

Also can I link to some photos I took of the inside?
m
l
Related resources
July 25, 2010 5:23:20 AM

Does anyone know if the space available is enough for the GTX 460? I'd really like to buy the card soon but I can't order it until I know I have enough space.
m
l

Best solution

a b Î Nvidia
a b K Overclocking
July 25, 2010 11:17:41 PM

Wow, its got quite a bit of space in there im surprised. Since you are getting a new PSU to go along with it you wont have a problem with cable routing and from the looks of it you have quite a bit of space so the card should fit no problem and shouldnt have overheating issues.
August 5, 2010 6:14:36 AM

Best answer selected by ninjatogo.
m
l
!