Weird error, Help!!!!

oz73942

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
hello everyone :), just got done with my first build but i already have a problem :(. when i startup my comp everything in the bios checks out, ram,cpu, vga etc, but when my windows starts to load i get a blue screen with this message and then my computer restarts and does this all over again.(the messag is only on for less then a second so i wasnt able to get it all)

a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

if this is the first time you've seen this stop screen. restart your copmuter. if this screeen appears again follow these steps.

check for viruses on your computer. remove any newly installed hard drive or harddive controllers. check your harddrive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated.
run (some command cant make it out) to check for harddrive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Heres the specs for my computer
i7-875k
asus maximus iii formula
galaxy gtx 470
4 gigs gskill ripjaws 1600
thermalrigh silver arrow
cm 690 ii advanced
128gb ocz summit ssd
hitachi 500 gb
windows 7 64 bit.

I have already updated the bios, tried booting from different harddrives both the 500gb and ssd, tried moving the sata connections to diferent ports, windows ran startup repair and didnt find anything. But everything is showing up in the bios, and all my temps are normal.

now the harddive is off my hp that i've been using for the past year, just that i installed windows 7 since it used to have vista, and it was working perfectly fine this morning before installing it in to the new computer.

I am completely out of ideas to what it could be, i've been trying to figure it out for the past 4 hours and nothing. If anyone has any ideas to what the problem could be i would greatly appreciate it!!!!