radeon 9000 pro 64mb, $45.00, free ship*

Status
Not open for further replies.

stadion1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2003
This is obviously not a high end card, but it is a good one. For the little bit I used it I never had a problem. These still retail for at least $70.00 at stores that sell "second-level" hardware, like Wal-Mart.

Wal-Mart: $88.72 - And I don't think thats the Pro ver
Pricewatch.com - $67.00

Check, Money Order, or PayPal only

*Free ship to anywhere in US (48 states)
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by stadion1 on 02/04/04 06:33 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Clarentavious

Distinguished
May 24, 2002
Just a minor superficial detail for future reference, if you only want to ship to the 48 "primary" states you can use the term Continental United States, this exludes Alaska and Hawaii. Some of the Virgin Islands and places like Guam also fall under USA terrority and are considered part of the country, but are not "states"

stadion1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2003
Your attentiveness is greatly appreciated; however, I have been previously introduced to the definition of the ‘Continental United States’ and have since become acclimated to the appropriate usage and application of the term. I was apparently incorrectly inclined to believe nevertheless, that most people would possess the common sense to determine what it was that I intended to communicate to them when I used the description of minimized complexity that you eloquently elaborated on.

Despite your obvious predilection for geography, the properties possessed by, and the governing practices instituted by the United States of America; one of your own statements in fact fails to completely portray the complexities of the attributes associated with some locations that are under the authority of the United States of America. At one point you referred to, “Some of the Virgin Islands and places like Guam.” The assumption could be created therefore that all properties that are not sovereign states but are under the authority of the United States are to be addressed with the term ‘territories’. In reality; however, many of these places are defined as ‘commonwealths’. Furthermore a territory is not necessarily a part of the United States, as the term also includes other properties under the authority of the United States including those that may be illegitimately occupied.

Besides, dooood; your first sentence is a run on, and you misspelled ‘excludes’. I would rectify my own mistakes before attempting to educate someone who employs an alternate although correct description of the ‘Continental United States’.

The following is a corrected version of your opening sentence…for future reference:

Here is a minor superficial detail for future reference. If you only want to ship to the 48 "primary" states you can use the term Continental United States, because this excludes Alaska and Hawaii.

stadion1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2003
well i got him in a manner of speaking...

it cost me like 45 minutes to look up all that crap I put! Which is all true btw.

But I'm still not sure if I quoted 'Continental United States' right or not.

single? ''
double? ""
no quote?
punctuation?
'phrase'. or 'phrase.'

o well, I'm going to get some sleep

(to be fair to Clarentavious I didn't put continental US because I had indeed forgotten if that was the right term)

stadion1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2003
i take it there are no bites for the vid card?

i'll consider lower bids.....haha......i really was going to go to bed too.......

Clarentavious

Distinguished
May 24, 2002
Well I did refer to it as a *minor* detail, however the thorough explaination has provided me with some additional education regarding places that may be part of the USA. Thanks :wink:

stadion1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2003
yea me too, I didn't realize that we could call whatever we wanted 'territory', long as we have some tanks around that is......so is Iraq then a territory?

sale retracted......I'm just gonna ebay this stupid video card......I saw some one sell for $55.00 the other day

Status
Not open for further replies.