Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Netgear Routers

Last response: in Networking
April 13, 2010 12:11:14 PM

I'm currently using a Netgear DG834G v1 router at home.
Its starting to die after 6 years, and I need one that can handle ADSL2.
I'm deciding between the Netgear DG834G v3/4/5 (depends which one the stores are selling) and the Netgear DGN2000.
I don't really need the DGN2000, but the price difference is $20 Australian.
Just wondering which one is better, or if there are any your guys would recommend?

More about : netgear routers

Anonymous
April 13, 2010 1:53:42 PM

If you are planning to upgrade your wireless adapter (or your computer) to n wireless in the forseeable future the extra for a wireless n router is worthwhile, though I think it's still recommended to buy the same brand of router and adapter if doing so.
m
l

Best solution

April 13, 2010 7:57:00 PM

Netgear routers are pretty good. I have been running a Netgear DG834G v2 Since 2005 and it has been flawless so far, under heavy traffic with an attached NAS and additional network switch with numerous computers, its in constant use. The wireless side of things has been great, not put a foot wrong.

The v5 has a few improvements, including a negotiation LED and a button to switch the wireless on an off, which can prove useful.

The DGN2000 models seem very reliable also, and very very similiar in features and stability. If you are prepared to pay the small extra charge, you might as well IF YOU USE THE WIRELESS A LOT!! If you are usually cabled in, why bother?

Cheers
April 14, 2010 8:56:16 PM

Best answer selected by Ritz61190.
m
l
!