Corsair Vengeance in Windows Experience Index

zhayneofth

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2011
Hello Guys,

For some reason, out of curiosity I tried to run the WEI just to check my scores. Here are the scores:

CPU - Core i5 2500k - 7.6
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 4gb - 5.9
Graphics - 7.7 - 560 Ti
Gaming Graphics - 7.7 - 560 Ti
HD - 5.9

I am wondering why I am only getting 5.9 in the Memory. Here is the link of the memory. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145346

According to my friend I should not be getting that score under RAM. I tried to check but the timings under bios are correct. 9-9-9-24. I also checked it under CPUZ and it says its running at 800Mhz. I am not really sure if I am getting this score because I only have a single ram at the moment but my friend says he is using a low profile kingston ram (single only) and is getting a score of 7.2.

Any ideas???

Solution
Get another stick. It's probably running in Single channel mode. Your friends board *may* be running his single Kingston stick in dual channel even with single slot use. I've had similar issues with RAM. Most boards default to single channel when only one stick or slot is in use.

puttsy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
Get another stick. It's probably running in Single channel mode. Your friends board *may* be running his single Kingston stick in dual channel even with single slot use. I've had similar issues with RAM. Most boards default to single channel when only one stick or slot is in use.

Solution

BobDavid

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011

why does it do that, does that mean the os is not taking advantage of my ram?

G

Zhayenoth: I had the same issue and I fixed it this way. Go to your BIOS and disable the onboard graphics of intel since you dont need it. Windows has allocated part of your 4gig to the onboard graphics. By disabling the onboard graphics in your Bios the whole 4gig would be available for you and your WE would improve. Mine moved from 5.9 to 7.7. It works!!!!!!!Hope you are on windows 7 64bit anyways. My 2 cents
eben10us@yahoo.com

jayadratha

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
I have a similar problem. My friend and I have same motherboard and ram.
motherboard: intel DB75EN
ram: corsair 4gb vengeance 1600 fsb.
both of us using the XMP profile but my friend getting 7.6 win8 experience index for ram & I'm getting 5.9. why???