[Mobo & Memory] Gettin errors in Memtest86+ all sticks and slots

dballs

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
Built a new computer and was getting BSOD. Read more on that and specs on my computer here: http://windows7forums.com/blue-screen-death-bsod/64273-bsods-new-home-build-w-full-description.html

after i reformatted i didn't get a BSOD but one when i was rendering to memory in video editing. so i ran memtest86+ and got errors at %33-%37.

I tested each stick in slot one and got errors with all of my ram sticks in slot one at around %34

I tested a stick in slot one and slot 3 and got errors just the same in both

I brought my ram to my friends house and got 0 errors. ram sticks seem to be fine.

could i really have 2 bad slots on my motherboard? could this just be a settings issue (timing/voltage?). should i warranty my motherboard or buy a different one?

-RAM: 2X G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL (16GB total)
-MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-880GA-UD3H AM3 AMD 880G SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

justaguywithagun

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
possibly a bad board, more likely a bios setting regarding the ram is a little off on your board. check ram latency/voltage as well as nb voltage. if the values are nominally correct, give them a little boost just to see what happens. you wont damage anything as long as you dont go crazy with it

puttsy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
The complete memory management/controller could be having problems. Try setting timings/voltages manually and setting proc. to stock (no OC at this point) and see what happens. A lot of times it throws errors at wrong timings and some boards won't always run RAM at optimal without manual configuration. Try that and see what happens. If that doesn't work, may need to try different RAM in the boards; it could just be a compatibility issue between the RAM and mobo. If you need assistance setting timings, ask. There should be answers for it on here though, or at least Google it and a video is *probably* around for similar Gigabyte boards.