Sign in with
Your question

Formatting SSD with Win7 OS? Help me please!!

Last response: in Storage
December 3, 2012 8:16:24 PM

Hi guys, im fairly a pc nub i guess you could say and can probably tell by my following question, i have a 2Tb HDD and a 120GB SSD, i obviously installed my OS on my SSD but i installed like every other program on my ssd forgetting i HAND installed my 2TB drive shakin my head. anyway i wanted to format my SSD but i cannot since my OS is on their it will not allow me, my question is do i even have to uninstall windows 7 to format my SSD/ OR can i somehow format my SSD without even having to delete my Win7 OS from the SSD, if so how would i go about doing one or the other? which ever one is the correct or "do-able" solution, thanks for your time guys !

More about : formatting ssd win7

a b G Storage
December 3, 2012 10:34:46 PM

Your question is a bit confusing, but from what I understood it, the problem is that you have installed too many programs on the SSD instead of the HDD.

If it is the case, then you can just uninstall the programs in the SSD, then installing them on your HDD. So I see no reason for formatting it.

On the other hand, if you want to re-install the OS into your SSD, then you should be able to do so. If it is the case, then just disconnect the HDD cables (SATA and power). Then re-install the OS into the SSD. Make sure you set the SSD as your priority/primary driver, and set it to AHCI. After the installation is completed, just reconnect the HDD cables.
!