Help Me And May GOD Help You in return.

5ros

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2010
Hello,
I'm running Windows XP on mother board Intel D865GBF,the problem is when i install Inno3d mx440 my computer is booting until windows start up and then it go to sleep but i still can hear the windows is in running mode through the background.Please help,i had uninstall my standard vga display before installing the Inno3d Grafic card.

What do you mean by you had to uninstall the standard VGA display? Did you get rid of Windows default VGA drivers? Those are what Windows uses to operate a video adapter until specific drivers for the device are installed.

P.S. Which god's favor am I working towards here? I'm a bit picky about that.

5ros

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2010

Hi Lmeow,thnks for ur reply.
No, i don hav an old card before,this is the first card that been given by my friend coz he got a new 1 and claiming that it was in good condition.I only completely uninstall the default disply setting. I had try everything include install the recommended driver MX440 but still the problem occur. I had reset my BIOS setting and even change my PSU to a greater Watts(400W).
Pls Help. :cry:

5ros

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2010

Hi jyjjy,thnks for ur reply .
Yes, i have uninstalled the default vga driver as what some of the forum recommended. I have tried everything including installing the recommended driver MX440 but still the problem occur. I have reset my BIOS setting and even change my PSU to a greater Watts(400W).

P.s : Haha..don't be too picky abt this, there is only THE ONE. The original whom they refer to GOD is only HIM. No matter what the name is given they always pray and refer to GOD. No matter who's their Massenger is they know, they are refering to GOD. It's the matter of whom you believe in.

Your motherboards graphics are "Intel Extreme Graphics 2." They have their own drivers, as you can see here;
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?ProductID=865&DwnldID=7005&lang=eng
This is most likely what people were suggesting you uninstall if anything. NOT the Windows default VGA drivers. They are a part of Windows and are what allows it to display anything in the absence of other functional graphics drivers. If you are saying that both the card and the onboard graphics are no longer functioning it is most likely because you removed the default VGA drivers.
I'm not sure how to fix this. Perhaps try repairing your Windows from the installation disc.

5ros

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2010

5ros

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2010

I have set my screen resolution to 1280 by 1024. i've tried to install both of the driver version 81.98 and 93.71 without installing my Inno3D at the AGP slot but it shows "The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware" When i install the Inno3D, the computer boot up only until the welcome screen and then monitor goes to sleep, but i still can hear the windows running through the background, i even cant log to save mode when the Inno3D was installed, it went straight to sleeping mode. Is there anything to do with BIOS setting and is the Intel D865GBF motherboard compatible with Inno3D MX 440 SE TV DDR 64MB AGP?

5ros

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2010

Yes, it works fine with my other computer that using PC-CHIPS motherboard..anyway thnks very much jyjjy for ur help :)
Now i'm trying to disabling the onboard graphics...hopes it'll works. :cry:

5ros

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2010

Hi Timop,
Yes, i have connect the VGA cord to the MX440 and reseating the card several times but still the same problem occur. I'm still wondering why my PC-CHIPS M955G motherboard is working fine but not with Intel D865GBF motherboard. Anyway if you have this two motherboard, which one do you think is better for your personal computer? Because I was thinking if the problem can't be solve, i would rather use the PC-CHIPS M955G motherboard but i'm still hoping someone out there would be able to help.

Timop

Distinguished

They are both pretty old, and buying anything new for this system is like throwing money in a hole. You could get a new PC for under $200 nowadays.

The board should support the MX440 perfectly though. What is your PSU?