Sign in with
Your question

External HDD not recognized after power outage

Last response: in Storage
December 3, 2012 10:22:48 PM

Hello I recently got a new dell inspiron 15r and it was working perfectly up until last night. I was watching a movie off my external hdd while my laptop was charging and the power went out. Now the two usb ports on the left side of my computer wont recognize the drive but will recognize all other devices. The hdd was plug into the left side when the power went out. However the two ports on the right side of my laptop will recognize the hdd. Anyone know what the problem might be? I dont want to send this back to dell if i dont have too.
December 4, 2012 4:17:30 AM

sescobedo89 said:
Hello I recently got a new dell inspiron 15r and it was working perfectly up until last night. I was watching a movie off my external hdd while my laptop was charging and the power went out. Now the two usb ports on the left side of my computer wont recognize the drive but will recognize all other devices. The hdd was plug into the left side when the power went out. However the two ports on the right side of my laptop will recognize the hdd. Anyone know what the problem might be? I dont want to send this back to dell if i dont have too.

Boot a linux live cd and see if it works.
m
l
!