Sign in with
Your question

No Display until Cmos reset? Everyday

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 25, 2010 3:07:22 PM

Ok so i have a odd situation; i just replaced my graphics card, my old one was a 8800gts 512mb and i upgraded that to a GTX 460 768mb. The reason for the upgrade was because i have a dual screen set-up (a 32in & 23in) and my 32in would no longer display video, but both screens display video when plugged in by themselves. So now im starting to suspect my PSU which is a Rocketfish 750 watt. Now when i shut my pc off for the night with just one monitor plugged in and turn it on in the morning it boots with no video signal, so i reset the cmos and load my saved cmos settings, all boots fine after that; until i shut it off for a little while and turn it back on. I do not get BSODS at all.
Below are my system specs, my CPU is overclocked to 3.0Ghz, my memory is OCZ Fatal1ty.

Thanks In Advance!
August 2, 2010 3:29:22 AM

BUMP
man i love how quickly people respond to posts here.
m
l
August 2, 2010 5:49:07 AM

The PSU might be reaching its limits.Even though its rated 750 W, having a PSU from a reputed brand is essential for system stability, especially when it is overclocked.
m
l
Related resources
August 3, 2010 12:31:59 PM

its not the PSU i just went and bought a new Corsair 750watt days ago still same issue
m
l
August 3, 2010 3:20:33 PM

Mobo? BIOS version? Tried updating the BIOS? Have you changed the PCI-e voltages for an old overclock or anything? If it is hanging and not even passing POST then it sounds like a BIOS problem...not for sure but likely.
m
l
August 7, 2010 5:35:41 AM

yes thats what im thinking but why would it boot with settings and then not reboot? could my bios chip be bad?
m
l
!