Will a good heatsink/fan improve cpu performance

Solution
A good HSF will lower the operating temps of your CPU. That will make it run more efficiently (power consumption) and add less stress to your system (heat). By itself, the HSF will not make the CPU go faster. However, with a good HSF you can more reliably overclock your CPU and get more performance from it that way.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
A good HSF will lower the operating temps of your CPU. That will make it run more efficiently (power consumption) and add less stress to your system (heat). By itself, the HSF will not make the CPU go faster. However, with a good HSF you can more reliably overclock your CPU and get more performance from it that way.

Solution

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009

Thanks for your reply,you answered my question very well,much appreciated

firassameer

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
The heatsink and its fan will make life easier for the cpu, a user should consider that the first enemy of a cpu is the overheating, hence a bigger heatsink with a good performance fan would cool the cpu down in a level were it can perform smoothly.. :sol:

However, heat sink and its fan performances over time decreased because of the dust, and the life time of the fan... you should also consider cleaning the heatsink and maintain the fan or replace it..

You may learn how to clean and maintain the heatsink with its fan from my tutorial post:

http://www.dealingwithwindows.com/sw-hw-maintenance/how-to-deal-with-my-cpu-overheating/

best of luck
Firas Sameer :)

firassameer

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
The heatsink and its fan will make life easier for the cpu, a user should consider that the first enemy of a cpu is the overheating, hence a bigger heatsink with a good performance fan would cool the cpu down in a level were it can perform smoothly.. :sol:

However, heat sink and its fan performances over time decreased because of the dust, and the life time of the fan... you should also consider cleaning the heatsink and maintain the fan or replace it..

You may learn how to clean and maintain the heatsink with its fan from my tutorial post:

http://www.dealingwithwindows.com/sw-hw-maintenance/how-to-deal-with-my-cpu-overheating/

best of luck
Firas Sameer :)