4 pin power connector work on dx58m01 motherboard

i have an eight pin power connection on my motherboard ...its a dx58m01 model on a dell xps435mt..the power supply i bought only came with a 4 pin connector. Would this still work?
3 answers Last reply
More about power connector work dx58m01 motherboard
  1. 8 pin in your mobo is power for processor (PWR2), you can't use 4pin from PSU, you need 8 pin , If your PSU ENOUGH POWER for system.

just buy cable like this
  2. You can use a 4pin just fine, I have been doing so for nearly two years on mine,
    just make sure the plug goes into the correct (usually the lower) four socket holes on the 8pin socket,
    although as Heny said, you will find overclocking etc more stable with an 8pin from the psu, i wouldn't use the connector shown though, I'm almost certain thats intended for graphics cards, not the cpu line
    Moto
  3. Motopsychojdn said:
    You can use a 4pin just fine, I have been doing so for nearly two years on mine,
    just make sure the plug goes into the correct (usually the lower) four socket holes on the 8pin socket,
    although as Heny said, you will find overclocking etc more stable with an 8pin from the psu, i wouldn't use the connector shown though, I'm almost certain thats intended for graphics cards, not the cpu line
    Moto

Won't be overclocking that Dell.
    It's a molex to EPS adapter, notice how the yellow (12v) wires are on the clip side of the connector ?
    Better off with an ATX to EPS adapter, if an 8 pin connection is required for the board ( the stock psu does come with an 8 pin, and some boards won't boot without it )
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812119267
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Power Supplies Connection Power Product