5770 bottleneck my CPU

I'm looking to put a 5770 into my comp that has an e2220 2.4ghz cpu. A cpu upgrade is definately my next splurge but I'm just curious if for now with the e2220 as the cpu, what kind of bottlenecking can I expect?
5 answers Last reply
More about 5770 bottleneck
  1. depends on the games you plan to play, your OS, and the resolution of your monitor.
  2. Games are Mass Effect 2. Dragon Age. Just Cause 2. MW2. Lotro.
    OS is Vista 64 bit
    PSU 400w Corsair
    1920 x 1080
    2g Ram
  3. vizzion said:
    Games are Mass Effect 2. Dragon Age. Just Cause 2. MW2. Lotro.
    OS is Vista 64 bit
    PSU 400w Corsair
    1920 x 1080
    2g Ram

Nope I don't think it will bottleneck that card. However that is a large resolution for such a card. My advise it whack some more RAM in ASAP and maybe upgrade to Win 7 as it's easier on your CPU than Vista. Keep an eye on that PSU.
  4. lotro and MW2 you would be OK.

dragon age and ME2 both like 3+ cores but are fine with 2 cores. you should get solid FPS and both are RPGs so high FPS is not really paramount.

Just Cause 2 really likes 3+ cores and a good graphics card for all the explosions and fast paced action
  5. Kkkk1 said:
    Nope I don't think it will bottleneck that card. However that is a large resolution for such a card. My advise it whack some more RAM in ASAP and maybe upgrade to Win 7 as it's easier on your CPU than Vista. Keep an eye on that PSU.

that corsair is more then enough for the ATI 5770....
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Bottleneck CPUs Graphics