890GXM-G65 4th memory Dimm Problem

ZEPd3Z

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2008
I just bought another set of Memory sticks and now... I Can't seem to get the 4th memory dimm to reach its rated speed of 1600, forget about Overclocking. I can only get it to 1567 any higher and it would only post 6gb, when I install one memory stick on only the 4th dimm slot and set it to 1567mhz, sometimes it would boot, sometimes it wouldn't and definitely wouldn]t boot on 1600mhz If I install all the memory and set it to 1600mhz or even say... 1570mhz the post would only check 6Gb, but the bios Memory-z still detects the 4th stick as present, and would be detected by windows system properties as 6gb usable (8gb installed), fiddled with the DRAM voltage too +/- still the same, so... does Anyone have a solution short of RMA? the warranty expired a month ago (dough...) Help...

All I can recommend is that you adjust the ram voltage. Check the ram label for the recommended voltage and go from there. You may indeed have a bad stick. Also be sure your ram setting is "unganged". I have an older 790gx board and I can't run my ram at 1600 either, so I've settled for 1333. I don't notice that much difference.

ZEPd3Z

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2008
Thank you for the reply, I already did its 1.5v also tried raising and lowering from default 1.600v to 1.500v and raising them up to1.657v and didn't work... maybe I'll try raising it some more after I find out the max safe voltages for these Memory Sticks, also I think its the dimm slot, because I already tested all the sticks one-by-one and they're all fine.

EDIT: I think I'll settle on the lower Timings as well, I won't risk burning the memory or motherboard.