ckcoglizer

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2010
Hello,
Got a new mobo and upgraded to win 7. Now my razer headphones are not recognized in the front or rear jacks. Any suggestions?

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Hi ckcoglizer, Welcome to THW.

Headphone model? USB or 3.5mm jack?

When you replaced your motherboard did you remember to hook up the front panel USB or Audio?

Are you pluging them into your motherboard's rear audio or do you have a soundcard? If you have a soundcard have you disabled on-board audio?

EnderWiggin

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
Did you test speakers or another headset?
Did you install the audio drivers for your MB? Check in Device Manger (Sound, Video and Game controllers) to make sure the audio chipset is installed.
Is the Speaker settings in the toolbar set to zero or mute?

ckcoglizer

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2010

3.5mm jack The razer carcarias model.

The work was done for me. Am kinda new to computing so don't know how to check if things are hooked up. work was done at Best Buy.

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Ok, First I'll say only use Worst Buy as an absolute last resort, unless you personally know the person working on your PC and you get somekind of discount because the are exteamly overpiced. There is no telling how expierenced the person working on your computer is, and from my personal encounters with them, at least at the stores around me, they shouldnt be allowed to touch a PC.

Now to your issue you are having, lets start from a simple begining and work up from there.

----VERY FIRST THING TO CHECK---- Look at the pictures below and make sure your plugging them into the GREEN port.

1. Check the Headset with another PC or a MP3/CD player.

2. All your volume settings in windows are turned up and not on mute.

3. Do you have a sound card? or are you plugging it into the back of your motherboard? We will worry about the front panel audio later.

4. If you have a soundcard make sure thats what you are pluggin them into and update the drivers just to be safe. If your plugging them into your motherboard, updae your sound drives for the board.

Get back to me after you try these.

sound_sound_card.jpg

ASUS_P6X58D-E_Motherboard_IO.jpg