CPU cooling: There are options, but they are limited Air vs Liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

redrumzombie

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2010
CPU cooling: Sure you've got options, but they are limited

AIR COOLING vs LIQUID COOLING

Ok…so you must pick only from the options listed below. Please make your choice based on the best option to cool your CPU with. Keeping in mind, you are going to OC whatever chip you have to the max your selected option allows while still maintaining the coolest computer possible under those conditions…which would you pick:

1. Air or Liquid

2. Which Air or Liquid, for the best choice to do the job (money not an
issue max out OC as much as possible with below choice)

3. For the best value capable of doing the job (meaning it is almost
capable of OCing to the level of the best; but not quite [5-10%] less
but is much less expensive)

AIR COOLING:
Thermaltake FRIO Overclocking Cooler Fan (CLP0564)

XtremeGear HP-1216B Five Heatpipes Direct Core Contact Copper Heatsink CPU Cooling Fan (Extreme Silent at 20dBA & Overclock Proof) (Extreme Silent at 20dBA & Overclock Proof)

XtremeGear Ultra Triple Heatpipes Cool Copper Heatsink CPU Cooling Fan (Extreme Silent at 20dBA & Overclock Proof)

CoolerMaster V6 CPU Cooler (Copper Base Double-V Heatpipe)

CoolerMaster V6 GT CPU Cooler (Nickle Plated Double-V Heatpipe w/ Color Changing LED Cap)

CoolerMaster V8 Gaming CPU Cooling Fan (Extreme Silent Operation at only 22Dba + Overclock Proof)

Ultra ChillTec Thermo Electric CPU Cooler

LIQUID COOLING:

Asetek 570LX Liquid Cooling system w/ 240MM Radiator and Dual Fans (Extreme Overclocking Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)

CyberPower Xtreme Hydro Liquid Cooling Kit 240MM w/ Dual Fan(CPU & GPU Liquid Cool Capable, Extreme Overclcking Performance + Extreme Slient at 18dBA)

Thank you for your time and expertise.

Solution
Either of the 2 liquid coolers would provide the best cooling performance.
The Cyberpower kit seems to be the XSPC Rasa, which watercooling purists would reccomend over the Asetek.

redrumzombie

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2010
Thanks for such a quick response delluser1. I'm excited about your answer; I’ll wait to see what others say to see if you are trying to dellusion1 me at all. Hee hee I know bad joke, but hey ya gotta have fun in life. And yes, I do trust you so don’t take my waaa waaaa waaa (horn plays after a bad joke flops) serious.
Sincerely, thanks again for the response.

Firstly, liquid cooling will obviously fetch you higher overclock margins.. So if that's your requirement, no point considering an air cooled solution.. Out of your given options, I too vote for the Cyberpower.. If you are open for other options though, I'll actually recommend going all out custom and build your own setup.. The following article might help you with that -

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/howtos/build_kickass_liquid_cooling_system-6_simple_steps

redrumzombie

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2010
Thanks Emperus. I trusted delluser1 was correct all along. AND THANKS for the awesome article. I'm going to wait until tomorrow to see if there is any contradiction to either of your answers before I chose my Select as best answer. Really appreciate both of you for your advice, so it will be a tough choice.

redrumzombie

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2010

Yeah, the actual link's broken. But if you search for the link, the article comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.