Sign in with
Your question

I want to buy Hp compaq nc6000 motherboards on ebay but ......

Last response: in Motherboards
July 15, 2011 2:21:05 AM

I am a new to fixing hardware on computers but love fixing hardware...... i want to buy a motherboard on ebay to fix my friends hp compaq nc6000.... and ye price is an object the ones i can afford keeps saying stuff like "The motherboard does not power up, but the yellow light and the fan turns on when the power button is pushed." and "The motherboard power up, the yellow light and the fan turns on for about 5-8 seconds." "Fan Powers ON.
But No Display. " , "Pulled from a computer that powers off" these are all off ebay so help me which one to pick and how to fix also thanks

And also sorry about the sub category idk what that is
a b V Motherboard
July 18, 2011 12:37:45 AM

Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums!

These descriptions sound like disclaimers for selling crap that don't work. Be very careful when buying from eBay. Sometimes even the 'Brand New' stuff don't work, and getting your money back is not easy.
July 18, 2011 6:05:32 PM

Ubrales said:
Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums!

These descriptions sound like disclaimers for selling crap that don't work. Be very careful when buying from eBay. Sometimes even the 'Brand New' stuff don't work, and getting your money back is not easy.

So do you know any where to buy a Hp compaq nc6000 motherboard then this would be much help
a b V Motherboard
July 18, 2011 9:29:49 PM

joejordanfatboy said:
So do you know any where to buy a Hp compaq nc6000 motherboard then this would be much help

Try HP - or computer repair shops that have surplus parts.

These types of parts from private sources is always a risk, and this includes Craigslist.
!