Sign in with
Your question

Random Freezing

Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
August 30, 2010 5:04:25 AM

Hey Everyone,

I'm hoping that this is where this is supposed to go in the forums, but I'm having this random problem with my new computer build.

Basically, the problem is this, every once in a while the whole system will freeze. The mouse, keyboard and speakers will stop functioning and the only thing that seems to bring it back is a restart/reset. I'm not really sure what the problem could be, as the temps seem to be fine and it doesn't happen at any particular time. I've played SC2 for 30-45 minutes straight without a problem, and it didn't freeze during that. It seems to focus around internet usage, but it isn't happening very often.

My main question is, should I be worried about this and is there anything I can do to keep it from happening?

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Case: COOLER MASTER ATCS 840 RC-840-KKN1-GP Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case.

CPU: i7-930

RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Redline 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model 998805.

CPU Fan: Stock

Main Drive: Intel X25-M Mainstream SSDSA2MH080G2R5 2.5" 80GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD). Just got this for the speed.

Power Supply: 750W XFX PSU

Graphics: XFX HD-587X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5870 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Two Weeks Ago

More about : random freezing

August 30, 2010 7:12:49 AM

Sounds like network drivers then - try disabling some of your integrated perhiperals from the bios, including your nic of course, and then run something a lil system taxing in the background until it does it again. Do you have moe information? like what programs you use that access the internet, as well as driver versions?
m
l
!