Cannot Install This Hardware....

I have a Sony DVD Video Camera and when I connect it via USB it says new
hardware found, Sony DDX-A1010 USB Device the an Install new hardware wizard
comes up and searches for the Sony DVD Camera. After a couple of minutes, I
get the reply "Cannot install this hardware". "There was a problem installing
this hardware". Sony DVD Handycam". "An error occured during the installation
of the device". "The data is invalid". There is an article in the knowledge
base about a similar problem with a PCI, article ID 841567. Can anyone help
or point me toward the correct Microsoft area. Regards Todd
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot install hardware

    Toddy, do you have Windows Update SP2 installed?
    "Toddy" <Toddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a Sony DVD Video Camera and when I connect it via USB it says new
    > hardware found, Sony DDX-A1010 USB Device the an Install new hardware
    > wizard
    > comes up and searches for the Sony DVD Camera. After a couple of minutes,
    > get the reply "Cannot install this hardware". "There was a problem
    > installing
    > this hardware". Sony DVD Handycam". "An error occured during the
    > installation
    > of the device". "The data is invalid". There is an article in the
    > knowledge
    > base about a similar problem with a PCI, article ID 841567. Can anyone
    > help
    > or point me toward the correct Microsoft area. Regards Todd

Configuration Hardware Sony DVD Windows XP