Cannot Install This Hardware....

June 27, 2005 10:00:03 AM

I have a Sony DVD Video Camera and when I connect it via USB it says new
hardware found, Sony DDX-A1010 USB Device the an Install new hardware wizard
comes up and searches for the Sony DVD Camera. After a couple of minutes, I
get the reply "Cannot install this hardware". "There was a problem installing
this hardware". Sony DVD Handycam". "An error occured during the installation
of the device". "The data is invalid". There is an article in the knowledge
base about a similar problem with a PCI, article ID 841567. Can anyone help
or point me toward the correct Microsoft area. Regards Todd

More about : install hardware

Anonymous
June 29, 2005 12:09:57 AM

Toddy, do you have Windows Update SP2 installed?
!