SATA3_0: NOT DETECTED
SATA3_1: NOT DETECTED
SATA2_2: NOT DETECTED
SATA2_3: NOT DETECTED
SATA2_4: NOT DETECTED
SATA2_5: NOT DETECTED
SATA3_A0: NOT DETECTED
SATA3_A1: NOT DETECTED

I'm new to building computers and I just finished building it. I turned on my monitor, went to bios, went to storage configuration, and saw this.

My specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Green 1.5TB 3.5" 5900RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB
Case: NZXT Tempest 410 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: NZXT Hale82n 750W PSU
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer

So for the SATA cable, the big flat one, I plugged it into the optical drive and the hard drive. yes, it's connected to the psu. For the SATA data cable, the small flat ones, I plugged it into the optical drive, and then plugged the other side to the hard drive. Is there anything else I need to make changes to because it says not detected on my asrock z77 bios.

Solution
You can try the following things-

- you can try different SATA ports,
-Check if your SATA controller is disabled somehow, if it is enable it or you can use the default settings of your BIOS,
-I suppose, you use SSD as your primary drive. If so, try to enable AHCI mode and see if it works..
If any of these doesn't help may be your SATA controller is dead. In that case you need to send you motherboard for servicing. I hope you have warrantee.

DeV_88

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
You can try the following things-

- you can try different SATA ports,
-Check if your SATA controller is disabled somehow, if it is enable it or you can use the default settings of your BIOS,
-I suppose, you use SSD as your primary drive. If so, try to enable AHCI mode and see if it works..
If any of these doesn't help may be your SATA controller is dead. In that case you need to send you motherboard for servicing. I hope you have warrantee.

Solution