matt

When updating my motherboard and CPU, for my old motherboard had a faulty ide
controller
I got a gigabyte motherboard with four sata raid controllers on board
instead of pci card type
After the move my wdc2500jb sata hard drive show unreadable in disk management
I went through the windows resolutions and nothing has worked
The disk runs my three BIOS’s read it and windows has the driver installed
The disk is a dynamic, and has about 130 GB of storage I need
Converting it to basic disk formats it so I cannot do that
But no matter what it come up unreadable in disk management, I can’t figure
this out so if there’s any help available it would be greatly appreciated

Matt, take a look at this ms kbarticle.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309044&sd=tech

"Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When updating my motherboard and CPU, for my old motherboard had a faulty
> ide
> controller
> I got a gigabyte motherboard with four sata raid controllers on board
> instead of pci card type
> After the move my wdc2500jb sata hard drive show unreadable in disk
> management
> I went through the windows resolutions and nothing has worked
> The disk runs my three BIOS's read it and windows has the driver installed
> The disk is a dynamic, and has about 130 GB of storage I need
> Converting it to basic disk formats it so I cannot do that
> But no matter what it come up unreadable in disk management, I can't
> figure
> this out so if there's any help available it would be greatly appreciated

matt

Barry,
Thanks for the try,
I read that before I’m not having a converting problem the disk is already
dynamic but windows wont read it
On top of that I have lots of storage on my drive so cant format it while
converting it to basic
Which is my only option

Thanks again