Sign in with
Your question

Thinkpad T61p display problems with Nvidia FX 570M

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 26, 2010 1:52:24 PM

Hello,

Last week when I started up the my thinkpad T61p with Nvidia FX570M, I got a black screen with for 50-70 % filled with red flickering blocks. Then the windows logo appears with green vertical lines. Finally the laptop starts up in VGA mode only and the screen covered with green vertical lines.
When I connect an external monitor I get the same results on the monitor.
When I swap my HD with windows XP for a HD with vista. Then I get pretty much the same result in the beginning, but vista keeps restarting up to 4 times.

I'm wondering if anyone else experienced such a problem and what was the solution.

My system is :

Thinkpad T61p 6460 6XG
2Gb memory
Windows XP SP3 / Windows Vista SP1
HDD 100GB 7200 RPM / HDD 250GB 5400 RPM.

January 8, 2011 12:13:30 AM

Henry,

I am facing the same issue now - did yours get resolved ? if so - what was it ?

Thanks.

henri_02 said:
Hello,

Last week when I started up the my thinkpad T61p with Nvidia FX570M, I got a black screen with for 50-70 % filled with red flickering blocks. Then the windows logo appears with green vertical lines. Finally the laptop starts up in VGA mode only and the screen covered with green vertical lines.
When I connect an external monitor I get the same results on the monitor.
When I swap my HD with windows XP for a HD with vista. Then I get pretty much the same result in the beginning, but vista keeps restarting up to 4 times.

I'm wondering if anyone else experienced such a problem and what was the solution.

My system is :

Thinkpad T61p 6460 6XG
2Gb memory
Windows XP SP3 / Windows Vista SP1
HDD 100GB 7200 RPM / HDD 250GB 5400 RPM.

January 10, 2011 4:02:23 PM

The video card which is integrated on the motherboard was faulty, as a result the entire motherboard had to be replaced.
I had it replaced under warranty.
!