bf_uk

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
I felt I had to re-post this, under the circumstances...

When discussing CPU temps in another thread, "edapolin" replied:

"I had a Pentium D 3.2 Ghz, just like you have and it's idle temp was no less then 65ºC. I belive it's a defection that happens with all "Pentium D"s, as my new Core i7 doesnt go far fom 45ºC even on full load.

I would suggest you to get a new CPU as the pentium D runs very hot and isnt so good. If your budget is low then just buy a Core 2 Duo, even if it has a lower clock then yours, becouse the performance is better and runs quite cooler.

Of course this is just a suggestion. If you cannot afford a spontaneous cpu upgrade (wich is quite normal) then I suggest you don't worry, becouse my Pentium D is still alive (after 3 years) even on such high temperatures. There's nothing you can actually do about it (I tried lots of things, including new coolers and all, with no luck)."

Well this is complete crap. I've had an Intel Pentium 930 D running at 42ºC when idle and increasing to little over 50ºC under load. I did reply to the original thread to state this, but for some reason a MOD felt the need to delete my post and close the thread. Now why would that be necessary? What is he trying to hide exactly? Is this not a public forum where people are allowed to share their findings?

bf_uk

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
I noticed that blacksheep101 also replied to the thread, but that post was also deleted, so I'd be interested to find out what was said.

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Hi bf_uk, Sorry your having trouble. Are you sure your threads were deleted or can you just not find them? No one will censor or delet your post/threads unless you are not following the Forum Rules.

As for your temp problem, I guess you had this chip for awhile now are you having any other problems or are you just concered about the temps? I have no expierence with the P4 D, so I cannot tell you what temps are normal but within a certain range each CPU will require more or less voltage to opperate (VID rating) and so they will not all be the same temps even if its the same CPU.

If I was to give an opinion, I would say that 65c sounds kinda high and I would be concerned if I was in your situation also. Have you done anything to lower the temps?

1. Clean dust out of case and fans?
2. Apply new TIM on the CPU?
3. Make sure you have good airflow in your case? Wiretie the cables out of the way.
4. Are you using fan speed control on your motherboard?

pepperman

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
I just took a look at the thread you mentioned, and I believe the reason it was closed was because it became hijacked by Superfinicky. This is against forum rules (see thechief73's post above for more details), so a mod closed the thread. As for why you post was deleted, it could have been a mistake while closing the thread on the part of the mod. If you'd like to inquire with him, send him a PM with the thread's title (What is the ideal cpu temperature?) as your message title.

bf_uk

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010

Thanks for your reply but it's not me having trouble, I'm very happy with my CPU temps. I have my 930 D running at 42º when idle and peaking at about 54ºC under load, this is with QFan set to silent.

The reply I posted on the other thread (and the reason for this thread) was in response to "edapolin", who suggested that all Pentium D CPU's are defective just because he/she didn't have the ability to get it down below 65ºC. I just found it very strange that my post was deleted, as it was stating helpful and unbiased information, rather than an incorrect and useless opinion from someone who clearly has no idea what they are doing.

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Ok, I understand whats going on now. You are right, you cant ever really make statments like "they are all defective" just based on one persons problem/opinion and when people do it doesnt really help anyone, just starts a bad rumor.

You also necro'd a thread from nearly two years ago which is why it was closed and your post deleted.

bf_uk

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010

If you have a problem with people necro'ing threads, then whinge at bfis108137 who dragged it back after 14 months of inactivity. I've searched the internet and it lead me to that thread which was last commented on 6 months ago. Regardless of how old the thread is, edapolin felt the need to post dumbass information and I responded to it. If you have a problem with that then blame the people that run tomshardware for allowing such an old thread to pop up in a search. So I don't accept your poor reason for why my post was deleted, so move along muppet boy!!

Phoenixlight

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009

+1

bf_uk

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010

Nice to see I'm not alone, but I'm sure posts will get deleted and the thread closed, just before I get banned.

bf_uk

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
I actually thought this would be a great site to be a member of, but monkey-nonce or whatever his name is sure has made me realise it's not worth bothering.

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished

???
Should be a little more polite..