Need help in decision Making! please

Benz901123

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2010
Hi guys,

I'm in a dilemma and am wondering if you guys could help me. Well, I bought this case + psu + dvd drive combo with a coolermaster eXtremepower 650w. I didnt know it sucks badly and bought two hd 5770 along for a crossfire setup. This lousy power supply cant seem to support the crossfire I have. Everything seem to work perfectly when I remove one gpu card.

Now the problem is, is it worth changing a psu for the crossfire or should I sell off one 5770 and run the system as it is now?

Vadorsystems

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
Depends, two 5770's would improve fps and that for intense gaming though if you can run all the games you play to a level you're happy with without any problems then sell the spare 5770, if you want higher frame rates and such in the game or if you want the settings up higher and the game to still run smoothly then buy the new PSU.

Helltech

Distinguished

Depends on your resolution really.

Try one, if you can play games at the settings you are happy with, at the resolution you use, then stick with one.

I'm all for buying a good PSU so you can use it in the future however.

2x HD5770 are good, but personally i like a single powerful card.
So you have an option to sell both of your card, save a little bit and get HD5850. It will good for a long term...