PCI-E graphics cards not recognized

Totenglocke

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010
Ok, so I have an odd problem. I've had my system for about two years now with an Asus M3N72-D motherboard with built in video and two Geforce 9800 GT's in SLI. Everything has worked great until this weekend.

This weekend I was troubleshooting some hard drive issues and, to make working in the case easier, I took out the two 9800 GT's and used the on board video. Now I can't get the PCI-E video cards to work. I've reset the BIOS, confirmed that the video cards have power, but they don't work. I only get a signal from the onboard video and when I open Device Manager, the PCI-E video cards aren't detected.

Does anyone have any ideas? I've never seen this happen before.

Guardianx1015

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
Are you plugging your vga/dvi cord into your 9800's and not your onboard one? I know it sounds stupid but it happens. If that's not it try messing around with the bios or updating the drivers might help.

Totenglocke

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010
It's plugged in to the right port, I've reset the BIOS to factory defaults, and the cards worked before I took them out to add an additional hard drive.

I've been building computers for 15 years and I've never seen anything like this before.

TRENDING THREADS