Sign in with
Your question

Can a asus p4p800 se motherboard run windows 7 home edition

Last response: in Windows 7
November 8, 2011 6:48:23 PM

Hello,I have an ASUS P4P800 SE Motherboard and would like to know if it will run Windows7 x64 Home Edition ? I bought the game Rage and it lags BAD, it was suggested to upgrade to Windows 7 x64 bit and it would be awesome. I just don't know if this old board is set up to run it. It can run Win XP x64,so not sure the differance ? Is anyone running Win 7 x64 on a ASUS P4P800 SE motherboard ? I have a P4 3.20 Dual Core HT,4 gigs memory,Radeon 4650 Video Card,320 gig hard drive, the Rage Manufacturer says my system is above specs for game - though I'm running Win XP Pro x32 at this time and want to upgrade - Is it possible ???
a c 341 Ĉ ASUS
a c 416 $ Windows 7
a c 1348 V Motherboard
November 8, 2011 7:02:07 PM

If you want to game , you need to buy or build a new rig.
m
l
March 1, 2014 6:39:10 PM

I know this question is old and moot at this point, but thought I'd comment in case someone else asks this question.

Yes. I am running Windows 7 Pro 32bit on this board with P4 3.0E, 2gbs PC-3200 RAM, Radeon HD3850 AGP video card. Very responsive and gets decent scores in the Experience Index tests. Lowest is the processor at 4.3, highest is graphics, which gets a solid 7.1 score. Obviously, if someone wants to play cutting age games they need a cutting edge board, but for older games, light gaming, and general computing tasks this board is solid. I built this system 10 years ago and it's still performing.

Posted this a few days ago, but it vanished?
m
l
Related resources
March 1, 2014 7:51:51 PM

Spad7 said:
I know this question is old and moot at this point, but thought I'd comment in case someone else asks this question.

Yes. I am running Windows 7 Pro 32bit on this board with P4 3.0E, 2gbs PC-3200 RAM, Radeon HD3850 AGP video card. Very responsive and gets decent scores in the Experience Index tests. Lowest is the processor at 4.3, highest is graphics, which gets a solid 7.1 score. Obviously, if someone wants to play cutting age games they need a cutting edge board, but for older games, light gaming, and general computing tasks this board is solid. I built this system 10 years ago and it's still performing.

Posted this a few days ago, but it vanished?

Spad7 Will the DigitalRiver Win7 Home Prem x86/64 ISO disk have all the drivers needed?? Or will I have to get them separately??
Where did you get all the drivers for your Clean Install?? Thanks in Advance for your reply. Hugo

m
l
March 3, 2014 10:52:35 PM

"Spad7 Will the DigitalRiver Win7 Home Prem x86/64 ISO disk have all the drivers needed?? Or will I have to get them separately??
Where did you get all the drivers for your Clean Install?? Thanks in Advance for your reply. Hugo"

As I recall, it should have all the drivers the board needs. I used a retail version of Windows 7 I purchased. I think the only driver issue I had was the audio . . . and I had to manually install that. Be advised it has been a while since I upgraded the board from XP Pro to Win7 Pro 32bit, but as I now recall it was a fairly easy, frustration free process.

I'm at work now, so I'm not sure which driver I ended up using for the audio. Post back if you have issues. Hope this helps :) 

m
l
March 23, 2014 8:08:46 AM

Spad7 said:
"Spad7 Will the DigitalRiver Win7 Home Prem x86/64 ISO disk have all the drivers needed?? Or will I have to get them separately??
Where did you get all the drivers for your Clean Install?? Thanks in Advance for your reply. Hugo"

As I recall, it should have all the drivers the board needs. I used a retail version of Windows 7 I purchased. I think the only driver issue I had was the audio . . . and I had to manually install that. Be advised it has been a while since I upgraded the board from XP Pro to Win7 Pro 32bit, but as I now recall it was a fairly easy, frustration free process.

I'm at work now, so I'm not sure which driver I ended up using for the audio. Post back if you have issues. Hope this helps :) 

Can you share your drivers with us, if it's not a problem for you......or a link perhaps?!??!
Thnx
m
l
April 7, 2014 1:55:13 AM

Hi! Sorry, I have been away for a while.

As I said, the Windows 7 installation disk should provide most of the drivers that you need. As I recall (and it has been quite a while since I upgraded from XP) I only had an issue with the audio drivers. I believe all I had to do was download the audio driver from the ASUS site for the motherboard:

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=P4...

Then I unziped it to the desktop or a folder I knew the location of. Now, the auto install will not work, but you can manually opt to install drivers for the audio, and just "point" the computer to the folder you unzipped the files to . . . it worked fine for my P4P800SE board with Windows 7 Pro 32 bit.

I don't recall any other issues . . . so if there were other driver glitches, they were not diffucult to overcome because I do remember it being a pretty easy installation. I have built quite a few computers in my day, so maybe my tolerance level for driver issues is high. Just remember your graphics card has to be a DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver to be compatable with Windows 7. On my board I had an HD3850 AGP card installed, which came out in 2007 I believe. I'd imagine my original Radeon 9800 AIW Pro card would probably have been compatable with 7, but I bet performance would have been slow. The newer graphics card you have the better performance you will see, in any computer system.

If you have any issues post here and there should be no problem in getting them squared away.
m
l
May 20, 2014 6:57:54 AM

FYI: Installed Windows 7pro 32 bit on the ASUS P4P800SE MB. CPU is an P4 3.2ghz Northwoods, 2gb ddr2 memory, AGP video card, integrated sound (no sound card). Working drivers were installed either by Win 7 install DVD or Windows Update. Bottom line is everything (audio etc.) works well with no issues. Hopefully I can keep my dinosaur alive for a while longer!
m
l
May 20, 2014 9:44:28 PM

tatwpmn said:
FYI: Installed Windows 7pro 32 bit on the ASUS P4P800SE MB. CPU is an P4 3.2ghz Northwoods, 2gb ddr2 memory, AGP video card, integrated sound (no sound card). Working drivers were installed either by Win 7 install DVD or Windows Update. Bottom line is everything (audio etc.) works well with no issues. Hopefully I can keep my dinosaur alive for a while longer!

Hi tatwpmn! Win 7 was installed on the IDE HD? Do you have any SATA hard disk along the IDE one? Is it working OK? If you're using an IDE and a SATA HD like I do, your BIOS config is P-ATA+S-ATA, right? Thanks in advance! Andy
m
l
!