New Computer Need Help

npk21

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Hello, I have been here many times, and just now decided it was time to join the community and be able to ask my own questions.

First I will give you the specs of my new computer:

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 635 @ 2.9
MOBO: Asus M4A785TD-M Evo
HD: Seagate 80 gig 7200
Ram: 2 x 1 GB Kingston Corsair HyperX ddr3
VC: Zotac nvidia 9500 GT
Monitor: Samsung .. old huge dinosaur
Mouse: Logitech mx518 gaming
Headset: Plantronics Gamecon 377

My Problems:

My biggest problem since the new build is my mouse... I keep getting the hardware removal sound and every once in a while the plugin sound and it makes my mouse freeze. It is not on a pattern at all it is all by random. I never had the problem with my old computer.

My headset also sometimes almost sounds broken in one ear but if i shake them around, lol, they will start working fine again. Not sure what it is put some people's mic causes it to happen.

My other questions are simple, should I try to overclock my system, especially the video card? I play cs 1.6 and everything seems to be dark, i can see through 1 smoke but thats about it. I still get a lot of choke at times and my ping to servers has gone up significantly. I live in Indianapolis and I use to ping low 20 to chicago and it is now 40. My ping has went up about 20 - 30 m/s to every other server location. I need some suggestions!

adaman2576

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Maybe the USB connection is loose on your mouse. Do you have another open USB plug to plug your mouse into to test it our for a while and see if it still disconects? Not quite sure about the headset issue. Maybe a sound driver issue??? To monitor temps download hardware monitor to check out your system temps and see how much overclock headroom you have.