P4 with Hyperthreading vs Pentium M 725

Hello,

Other than battery conservation and heat, which processor is better. Both
types are used in laptops.

I would assume if battery is not a concern, the regular P4 is better. Is
this true?

I don't have a clue why and what is better P4 than Pentium 725 M.....

Could anyone please answer this.

Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about hyperthreading pentium

    "john smith" <mta_img@yahoo.com> writes:
    > Other than battery conservation and heat, which processor is better. Both
    > types are used in laptops.

    When it comes to laptop processors, battery conservation and/or less
    heat are pretty much the definition of "better".

    > I would assume if battery is not a concern, the regular P4 is better. Is
    > this true?

    The fastest P4's are faster than the fastest Pentium M's, if that's
    what you're asking. If you're after speed above everything else, you
    might also consider an Athlon 64.

Laptops Battery Pentium