Power supply to small for this build?

G

Hello,i am in the middle of building a computer, and before i hit the order button, i would just like some input on my hardware, im a little concerned about my psu. Anyways, here it is;

Gigabyte GA-P43-ES3G, P43, Socket-775
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300
Corsair TWIN2X PC6400C5DHX DDR2 4GB KIT
Corsair CX 400W PSU
Sapphire Radeon HD 5450 512MB DDR3

Thanks.

Try and stretch that budget to a 5770 :p
but 'build' the system into this psu calculator link, and see what psu rate you 'need' allow some headroom because you dont want it running close to 100% all the time
http://www.thermaltake.outervision.com/

Moto

G

That site helped a lot. Thanks for that!

How ever, it told me i would be using approx 230 watts, which i find a bit strange, as the GFX card it self is recommended to be used with a 500W PSU, but i guess its fine.

Again, thanks a lot for your quick reply :)

G

It's cheap and reliable. And, im not a gamer. But thanks tho :)

lothdk

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
Hello,i am in the middle of building a computer, and before i hit the order button, i would just like some input on my hardware, im a little concerned about my psu. Anyways, here it is;

Gigabyte GA-P43-ES3G, P43, Socket-775
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300
Corsair TWIN2X PC6400C5DHX DDR2 4GB KIT
Corsair CX 400W PSU
Sapphire Radeon HD 5450 512MB DDR3

Thanks.

The CX 400 is a quality unit and a good match for your system if you have no intention of going for a power hungry card in the future.

LothDK summed up nicely. For a general use / office machine (and no mention of gaming), that setup will be fine, and being older tech may hopefully be cheaper too.
And, if you ever DO decide to play some games, that PSU will have no trouble with a HD5750.