Sign in with
Your question

Strange Issue after Unplugging Power Cable

Last response: in Systems
August 31, 2010 9:11:21 AM

Hello there, I've had this problem for some time and Its quite an annoyance.

What happens is, When the PC is taken off the mains power souce, either by clicking the switch on the PSU, unplugging the power cable from PSU, or unplugging from the wall.

When turning the PC back on, The windows 7 logo flashes really really fast, and when you press 1key on the keyboard, it enters about 50. Even when logging into an account everything seems ok, although everything appears to be super-fast with cursors blinking faster than usual.

A fix to this problem was to unplug the power connector block that connects to PSU to the motherboard, I wait a little, then plug it back in.

Maybe I dont have my BIOS or something setup so that is saves data,? and when I have had it disconnected from mains it loads up wrong? Im out of ideas, do you guys have any idea what it could be?

I'm installing a new cooler today so will be going into the case.

Thanks
September 1, 2010 7:19:35 PM

They are less than a year old. The computer is not often unplugged. Sometimes the electric metre can run out on properly. Or i have to unplug it when going into the case or moving the computer. Or if the extension is disconnected from hte mains.
September 4, 2010 11:26:27 AM

I just have to unplug power from mobo, and reconnect. To get it to boot up as normal. PSU and Mobo all bought 6month ago ..new..
Related resources
September 4, 2010 2:21:43 PM

...sounds like you have an minor electrical short going on there aaron. Do you have USB devices attached duing the boot? If so remove those and see if any of them will also alleviate the problem. I think if it was the PSU your problems would be worse. I would check keyboard and the mouse to.....
September 5, 2010 12:11:10 AM

I dont think its a short cercuit? Due to it only happening when ive unplugged the power. When this has been done, Windows 7 64x loads up screwy. And is a tad unstable, you can do things though.

Shutting down, removing mobo power not normal power cable, then stick back in, let it boot, solved right away.

its like it forgets to boot up poperly until the mobo has been disconnected from power itself and reset.

if that makes sence?

If you mean a short like, USB items plugged in when power cable out, I doubt thats it either. since Ive unplugged all items and had this happen, Ive been in and out the case a few times lataly adding cooler and paste and what not

Ive not had a single other issue, its a home built i did myself with the help of this forum, and performs very well althought i find my cpu temp when casual browsing at 45-50 kinda high. aftermarket cooler and thermal paste dropped only a few Deg's

Anyway, another issue.

This one is the only problem I have and i find it weird, maybe a power off or restore setting in BIOS?

September 5, 2010 12:13:55 AM

i have not checkedkeyboard and mouse, I know when trying to login with password for windows when it boots up funny (before i disconnet mobo power)

that windows logo flashes insane fast. instead of the usual bubbles floating around, its the windows flag flashing very fast, you press 1key, it hits 50 in login box...like its 100miles per hour ...

I will try unplugging keyboard, but since they are on screen differences and not just the mad funky keyboard issue, Im guessing it aint them, But i wil test.
!