Graphic Card(s) one display

Hello,
Does having dual video cards help single display preformance/ quality?
7 answers Last reply
More about graphic card display
  1. It certainly can. Some single graphics cards can produce higher quality images than certain dual video cards, though. There are a lot of factors going into it. Mainly what you already have to work with and what your budget is.
  2. I had purchaced a Dell XPS720 a few years back and ran games at that time with ease. It came with (2x) NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS, and running windows Vista.

I was wondering if i can combind the preformance of both cards to have my (what now seems ancient) computer to pass for upcoming games like Final Fantasy XIV.
  3. Two 8600 GTS in SLI will probably produce similar performance to one 8800 GTS 640 MB, in more modern terms it will perform a bit below an HD 5670 or 9800 GT.
  4. how can i go about enabling or checking to see if SLI is enabled on windows vista 32 bit?
  5. In the nVidia control panel.
  6. What i wanted to ask, if i installed another one of the same cards 8600GTS, and enable SLI will i be able to run newer games like the upcoming Final Fantasy 14 game? If not what should i look into to renovate or upgrade my pc.

DurectX Version: DirectX11

Display: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
    Display Mode: 1680 x1050 (32bit) (60Hz) Generic PnP Monitor

Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO @ 2.0 GHz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
    Memory: 1.5 Gb
    Video Memory: 256 Mb
    Video Card: nVidia GeForce 8600 / ATI Radeon HD 3600
    Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
    DirectX: 9.0c
  7. Try out this website:
    http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/
    It's very useful!