grenadier

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
I have a MSI K9N6PGM2-V MOB which has a PCI 1.0 slot will a Graphics card which has a PCI 2.0 or 2.1 slot work on it.Also would this MOB be able to run Nvider and ATI ,or just Nvider cards.

You should be able to run most pci-e 2.0 or 2.1 cards in a standard pci-e slot if your power supply has the proper 12v rail measured in amps and the proper 6 pin pci-e connector. Try listing your favorite games for better advice.

grenadier

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
What about the Graphics Cards will the ati run on it, even theo it has a Nvider chip set.becouse i,m looking at butting a ATI 6870 in it.

Nvidia and ATI cards are interchangable with amd or Intel boards. Check for some newegg reviews of the ATI 6870 and see if any games are listed. Some newegg parts have dozens of reviews, so you should find out something about the game you have in mind.

It probably will. I wish I could recommend a gamer's forum. You might get a more definative answer from them, but I'm not a gamer. I also recommend you search for a tech support ticket on MSI's website and ask one of their techs for some advice. I've always gotten responses if I fill out the form completely and give them about two days to respond. MSI makes some good video cards. But ask using the forms for motherboards. I've used your board, and it's not bad, especially version v2.