New system doesnt boot

plantenbak123

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2009
hi everybody...

I am assembling a system, ( AMD Athlon II X3, PSI 770-G45, Sapphire HD 5770) But it doesn't boot. This is my first home-built rig, but I've been upgrading and such for a long time, so everything is where its supposed to be.

Thing is all assembled, but wont boot. Of course it's totally blank, but isn't it supposed to at least let me into the BIOS? If it won't even boot, I can't install windows, and then im nowhere.

so first: am I making some rookie mistake? well of course I am, but which :sol:
2nd: Can I just place another HDD with OS, use that to boot it up and then install windows on the new disk, kinda like a jumpstart? :p

thx for the advice guys

plantenbak123

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2009
the cpu plug....

BUT now it still doesn't work. Read the rest of the sticky, but it shoud be fine now....
still, it does nothing more than a single sign of life before it dies out... more ideas?

adaman2576

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
When you say "dies out" do you mean the whole system powers off? If you have a speaker, do you hear any beeps? First thing I would do is try it out with a known working power supply.

plantenbak123

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2009
It barely powers on. You press the button, for a moment it looks like it's booting, and in an instant it does nothing anymore.