Sign in with
Your question
Closed

3pin Y-Cable and ABS Canyon 595.

Last response: in Components
November 21, 2010 1:00:19 AM

Hi guys,

I'm looking to get 2 more 3pin y-cables for the ABS Canyon 595 case. By default, the fan controller has 3 fan headers and one of the ports comes with a y-cable already when you receive the case. Since the fan has 3 front fans (120mm) and 3 back fans (120mm, 2x60mm), I'm thinking of attaching them all to the fan controller with 3 splitters on the 3 headers in order to easily control the entire case cooling with the flip of the switch up front.

The rear exhaust fan (120mm) is currently connected to a fan header on the mobo that has fan control but it's not doing a good job, it constantly stays around 1000rpm and it doesn't seem to go higher. You can't control the speeds from the BIOS so that's disappointing. This is one of the reasons why I want everything connected to the fan controller.

My question then is, is this too much for the fan controller? Will it overheat or something? I'm not familiar with electrical components, especially more so in PC cases so this would be great if anyone could answer this for me.

Thanks in advance!
a b ) Power supply
November 21, 2010 4:28:38 AM

If you could list the power requirements of the fans it would be a good start Watts, Voltage, and Amps. Is this a fan controller that was in the case already or is it one you bought and added yourself?
Score
November 21, 2010 10:05:46 AM

thechief73 said:
If you could list the power requirements of the fans it would be a good start Watts, Voltage, and Amps. Is this a fan controller that was in the case already or is it one you bought and added yourself?

Hi thechief73,

Thank you for replying so quickly, I really appreciate it! The fan controller comes with the case, so I'm not sure.

Also, how do I check for the watts, voltage, and amps? These are fans that are already in the case. Will it be listed on it?

Thanks again.
Score
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
November 21, 2010 11:48:05 AM

Hey, Your welcome.

Well that is not going to be easy at all, to say the least, maybe not even possible without contacting ABS and asking for the specs on both the fans and the fan controller.

Usually with parts that are pre-installed into a PC case, the detailed specs like that are never given out, but if they were aftermark parts it would be as simple as looking at the website or product box.
November 22, 2010 2:11:49 PM

thechief73 said:
Hey, Your welcome.

Well that is not going to be easy at all, to say the least, maybe not even possible without contacting ABS and asking for the specs on both the fans and the fan controller.

Usually with parts that are pre-installed into a PC case, the detailed specs like that are never given out, but if they were aftermark parts it would be as simple as looking at the website or product box.

Hey there, thanks again for the reply. Just wanted to let you know that I spoke to ABS and the rep told me that it's fine to attach all the case fans to the controller. Lawl. So I guess we'll just go with that. However, I'll only attach 2 more additional 2x60mm fans to the controller and not touch the rear-exhaust which is now being controlled by Speedfan.

Thank you again for your help!
Score
a b ) Power supply
November 22, 2010 2:36:12 PM

Hey its not a problem, I am glad that you have got it all figured out. :) 
Score
November 22, 2010 2:39:01 PM

Best answer selected by PoisonWolf.
Score
a b ) Power supply
November 22, 2010 3:22:29 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!