aaron-napa

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
Hello,

I am currently building servers for my company and have run into a major issue with our new SuperServer's.

After setting up the Raid array as RAID 5 (default settings) using Intel's RAID configuration. Booting windows 7 Pro 64bit DVD, Drives 1-3 stay at solid red LED’s (but not drive 0). This stops as soon as I install the ICH10R driver.
The installation process is then extremely slow. I managed to get one server into windows and it's still unbearable slow.

• I installed the latest released RAID drivers for the Intel ICH10R; this was during the windows 7 setup process.

• It’s not just navigating through menus that are slow; it took over 3 hours to install windows.

• I have 2 of these computers currently being built and both have the same problem.

• Once in windows sometimes the drives start flashing green and red.

• After completing the system performance test, It received a rating of 1.0 due to graphics.(installing newest driver for graphics now) The HDD received was above 4.5.

• Intel's RST menu states that the RAID array is healthy and operating normally.

• Using the Adapatec RAID setup came up with the same results.

Build:

1- Supermicro SuperServer 7046T-NTR+ - no CPU
2- Intel Xeon E5520 / 2.26 GHz processor
4- WD VelociRaptor WD740HLFS - hard drive - 74 GB - SATA-300
6- Kingston ValueRAM memory - 1 GB - DIMM 240-pin - DDR3
3- PNY NVIDIA Quadro NVS 420 Video Card
1- LG GH24LS50 Super Multi - DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM drive - Serial

If anyone can help me solve this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

aaron-napa

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
I have figured out the problem, its when all 3 video card's are installed the entire system lags.

This doesn't happen when only 1 or 2 are installed.

Could this be a problem with the PCI-E bandwidth or maybe some BIOS setting ?