Terraviper-5

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2011
Soo. After 8 years I finally decided to get a new computer when Photoshop was saving image for like 10 minutes and Crysis 2 didnt even want to start. I primarily use computer for my work (illustrating - Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop), but also play computer games. Programs like Adobe Premiere were encoding for too long, so I couldnt use them, but I would if I could.
Some things to notice:
-no overclocking
-I will not make Crossfire or SLI
-I want a durable system (I dont intend to buy a new computer or component in at least 5 years or more)
-silent system (at least in idle)
-USB 3.0 and other new standards support, like SATA 6Gb because I will have this PC for a long time
-PC cost around 1000 to 1300€
Now, more to the point:
I dont know very much about all that new stuff, so I require a little help. My nephew said that for me the most appropriate would be Radeon 6970 or GTX 570 and CPU Core I7 2600. But the problem is choosing motherboard (and chipset). I dont know which chipset would be most appropriate for me, I went to look specifics of each on Wikipedia but its all a little confusing. So please, a little help is appreciated. If you have a specific mobo in mind, its good too.
Help is much appreciated. Thank you!

lil_besho

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
if ur basic use is editing and working u will need z68 chipset that allows u to use onboard graphics and lots of other feature that will impress u in ur work, a quiet pc is a bad one, unless u considered water cooling, and u don't need an hd 6970 or gtx 570 unless u will work above 1080 resolutions, get hd 6950 2gb it can unlock to 6970 if u needed and works very well, i recommend this card http://www.msi.com/product/vga/R6950-Twin-Frozr-III-Power-Edition-OC.html after 7 hours of crysis highest settings there were a couple of minor freezes but the highest temp was 68'c and i got it also to last 5 years, i don't know a lot abot z68 boards as i am a gamer but take a look at asrock motherboards very high quality boards with reasonable prices http://www.asrock.com/, and one last thing if you get i7 2600 DON'T USE STOCK COOLER, good luck :)