The near-perfect Vaio TR1 bag!

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
December 15, 2004 1:30:37 AM

The Vaio TR series is wonderfully compact, but unfortunately, the
average laptop bag is big enough to hold four of them. I've been
searching for a proper-sized case for over a year now.

I finally found it in the portable DVD player section in Fry's.
Here's a few pics:
http://webpages.charter.net/dwarner2/Closed.jpg
The only thing I don't like here is the silver trim. I'll have to
experiment with dyes / paint. (Price is only $30)

http://webpages.charter.net/dwarner2/HalfOpen.jpg
The cover has enough space for the AC adapter and a few CD's and other
accessories.

http://webpages.charter.net/dwarner2/Open.jpg
A pair of straps keep the cover from flopping fully open. Note the
absolutely perfect fit inside.

It's made by Targus, the label said "Sport DVD player case" The price
sticker says "Targus DVD-3"

To reply, please remove one letter from each side of "@"
Spammers are VERMIN. Please kill them all.

More about : perfect vaio tr1 bag

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 15, 2004 8:58:30 PM

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 Doug Warner wrote:

>http://webpages.charter.net/dwarner2/Open.jpg
>A pair of straps keep the cover from flopping fully open. Note the
>absolutely perfect fit inside.

That is a nice bag, but I'm used to carrying around more accessories so
I would find it a bit too compact. Actually I have a generic bag that
came with a second hand Compaq Armada 7400 some years ago and I tend to
use that with the TR1 mounted vertically down one side (the velcro strap
is fortunately offset!) and various accessories on the right and in the
cover pouch.

On several occasions I've managed to house the TR1, a Psion Series 7,
three AC adaptors, an HP Pocket PC and docking cradle, a wireless
network adaptor, several CD-ROMs and a gamepad all in that old Armada
bag.

And it still has room for some papers in the side pocket!

--
Kev
"Ted could not raise the cash necessary to purchase a house, and

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 22:30:37 -0500, Doug Warner
<dwarner22@ccharter.net> wrote:

>The Vaio TR series is wonderfully compact, but unfortunately, the
>average laptop bag is big enough to hold four of them. I've been
>searching for a proper-sized case for over a year now.
>
>I finally found it in the portable DVD player section in Fry's.

From your heading, I'd assumed that you'd shot a brace of them.

RL
!