4GB to 8GB System Dies

swindlehurst

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010
Ive recently purchased more ram ive increased from 4GB to 8Gb ive bought the same type of ram and my board supports 8GB but now my system has 3 beeps at the beginning ive tried pretty much everything 1 stick at a time ressetting cmos removing bat and a complete deassemble reassemble but still cant get past the 3 beeps tried a new motherboard battery too ive also returned new ram back to the shop for a replacment but everything worked when he put it in his comp at the shop

intel skyborg dsp45sg
intell 6600q
sapphire 6950 2GB
ddr3 1333
windows 7 home

im new to fiddling with pcs but im sure ive done things right

It's important to have the RAM speeds identical (even though in some cases the higher speed RAM will clock down).

3 beeps usually indicate RAM failure. Re-seat all sticks of RAM. Review the specs of your computer regarding maximum RAM for your specific model.

Sometimes you need to bump up the voltage on the MCH a little when running with all memory slots filled. Go into the bios and bump up the MCH voltage .1v at a time and see if it stabilizes. You may also need to bump the ram voltage a little too.

You can also check out the support on the memory manufacture's web site. Some are really good at diagnosing problems if you tell them which motherboard you have.

Also, you may want to check for a bios update. Usually it will say something like improves memory compatibility or such.

Maybe your power in 'your' location is bad; e.g. not 60Hz. Try another wall socket. Otherwise you didn't 'seat' the RAM properly in the DIMM slots...

swindlehurst

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010

i cant get it to bios just keeps giving me the same 3 beeps

I guess I misread above, I thought YOUR PC worked at the shop.

RAM working in one PC but not another proves nothing. Your problems can be your PC or incompatible RAM for your PC.

Q - Please provide links and answer the following:
1. "intel skyborg dsp45sg" ->
2. "ddr3 1333" ->

Q - What DIMM slots are the RAM installed in? {e.g. CPU | New | Old | New | Old |
Q - IF you only install the NEW RAM does it boot?

I searched for your MOBO but it doesn't exist so I assume it's a typo OR it's an obscure OEM MOBO that's part of a...Dell, HP, Gateway,etc. Most all 1.5v DDR3 should work with your 'PC' IF both sets have IDENTICAL: Frequency, CAS Timings, Type and Voltage.

IF your OLD RAM and NEW RAM have different characteristics then get DIFFERENT RAM that has the same Frequency, CAS Timings, Type and Voltage.

swindlehurst

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010
sorry it was a typo the motherboard is a dp45sg extreme

DIMM slots are [old][new[old][new]
i took the new and old ram back to were i got it scan in bolton and his machine took the lot and it worked fine he also said if its overclocked witch it was to rest it by taking the motherboard battery out for 3 mins now i cant even get to the bios it seems like its dead to me but it still has power just beeps 3 times ive tryed every possible combo with the ram still the same damn

swindlehurst

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010
it all worked in the guys pc in the shop but when i put the 2 sticks in my pc that have been in the same slots since i built it i get 3 beeps thats wats getting me they are all the same 4GB (2x2GB) Corsair DDR3 XMS3 Classic, PC3-10666 (1333), Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 9-9-9-24, 1.50V ive kind of excepted the fact that its toast and im shopping for new stuff any sugestions ?

AGAIN, that means NOTHING!!! We're stuck with YOUR MOBO & YOUR CPU - not his/hers! There are a ton of XMS3 -- some of them: TW3X4G1333C9, TW3X4G1333C9A, TW3X4G1333C9A G, CMX4GX3M2A1600C9, TW3X4G1333C9DHX...

TW3X4G1333C9DHX + TW3X4G1333C9A don't always work together which is why I need to know exactly. Further, with exactly I can provide BIOS settings that 'may' correct the problem.

So far it's like working in the dark, and I'm trying to help - I REALLY know memory.

Link New RAM = ?
Link Old RAM = ?

Does the following run:
CPU | New | Old | New | Old |
CPU | blank | Old | blank | Old |
CPU | blank | New | blank | New |

-----------
Replacements:
Memory Type: DDR3 PC3-8500, DDR3 PC3-10600, DDR3 (non-ECC)
Maximum Memory: 8GB
Slots: 4
Each memory slot can hold DDR3 PC3-8500, DDR3 PC3-10600 with a maximum of 2GB per slot.*
>4GB requires 64-bit OS.

CT2KIT25664BA1339A - http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=DP45SG&Cat=RAM

F3-10600CL8D-4GBHK - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231180

swindlehurst

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010
Thankr for your help but the problem is i cant get to bios dosent give me the option just the beeps but here is the specs

tr3x6g1333c9 old
tw3x4g1333c9a new

and all the combos you suggest i get the beeps

my cpu is a q6600
and im using windows 7 64 bit home edition

i need to get this sorted rage is out soon