Sign in with
Your question

Format 3TB Drive to FAT32

Last response: in Storage
December 6, 2012 8:35:06 PM

I want to play movies on my #TB External Hard Drive through the USB port on my Xbox 360. Will that work?

If so, do I need to re-format the hard drive to FAT32 before it will be recognized by the Xbox 360? Where do I find the formatter?

More about : format 3tb drive fat32

December 7, 2012 5:37:27 AM

pomfritas said:
I want to play movies on my #TB External Hard Drive through the USB port on my Xbox 360. Will that work?

If so, do I need to re-format the hard drive to FAT32 before it will be recognized by the Xbox 360? Where do I find the formatter?

You will need to format the hard drive to FAT32 before the xbox will play anything from it. However, the FAT32 file system only supports volumes up to 2TB with a max file size of 4GB, so just keep that in mind.

I would recommend using EaseUS Partition Master to make a FAT32 partition on the hard drive for everything for the xbox, and an NTFS partition for the rest of your files you want to keep on there, especially if they are over 4GB.
m
l
a b G Storage
December 7, 2012 12:59:12 PM

That's just a bad idea all together, a total waste of a 3TB drive!
Why not put it on your PC and play the content over the network?
m
l
a b G Storage
December 7, 2012 7:05:40 PM

^+1

Hows about you ship me the drive and I will provide you with a 16GB usb stick to use instead.

The Xbox system is a closed system and as such you will only see 16Gb MAX on the usb ports. Unless you mod the console waste of 3TB HDD.
m
l
!