Sign in with
Your question

ASUS P8P67 Deluxe issue with HIS Crossfire

Last response: in Motherboards
July 17, 2011 4:35:47 PM

I've been working at this the last couple days and can't figure it out.
I have the following:
Asus P8P67 Deluxe mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Prod%E2%80%8Buct/Product.aspx?Ite...
Two HIS IceQT 6870s:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
running on windows 7 ultimate
I've made sure the Crossfire bridge is secured and power to everything, but I can't see the second 6870 in device manager or enable CrossfireX anywhere in Catalyst Control Center or anywhere. It's like it's not seeing the second card.
Help please?

I've confirmed the following:

Fans are spinning on both cards.
Each card works individually.
4 pin power is secured.
Both cards are seated correctly.
I'm about to try a different bridge.

Thanks everyone!
July 18, 2011 5:06:17 AM

Yea if you don't remove then reinstall the drivers for the graphic cards, it just won't work. Would you use a graphic card without installing it's drivers ?? I guess not ^^ These mistakes just happen so don't worry. Reinstall driver, reboot, activate crossfireX, configure the thing, reboot and voilà! ^^
Related resources
July 18, 2011 11:19:18 PM

MrBig55 said:
Yea if you don't remove then reinstall the drivers for the graphic cards, it just won't work. Would you use a graphic card without installing it's drivers ?? I guess not ^^ These mistakes just happen so don't worry. Reinstall driver, reboot, activate crossfireX, configure the thing, reboot and voilà! ^^

I tried that. Still isn't working.

I have 8 gb of RAM on top of my video card set up. I'm running a 32-bit OS though, do you think that might be the problem?
July 20, 2011 4:34:34 AM

Ok, I installed 64-bit Windows 7, did exactly as you said, and I still don't have access to CrossfireX.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
July 20, 2011 5:05:11 AM

What version of CCC are you using?
October 4, 2011 1:49:48 PM

In case you still haven't figured this out, there's a weird issue with pretty much all recent versions of Catalyst after 11.6. Anytime you install or re-install catalyst, you need to:
1. Turn off machine and remove one of the cards

1.1 Optional but a good idea: uninstall the old drivers now, and clean up files with DriverSweeper - requires another reboot

2. Boot up and install the drivers with only card in place

3. Let the system reboot with the one card and the new drivers

4. Shut the machine down, install the second card and then boot it up

You should see the Crossfire option enabled in Catalyst now.

I had a lot of problems with this until I started following the above procedure, now it works every time. Very tedious, can't understand why AMD can't make this process cleaner...

Cheers,
CList
!