Computer won't boot

ridge

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010
My computer won't POST, I get lights and fans, but no beeps and no display. I've had the rig about a year without any problems.

The phase leds are all on (green-yellow-red) and additional lights (green-yellow) are on next to the RAM slots.
I've tried each RAM stick individually and don't get a warning beep when none are installed.

Specs:
* Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
* i7-930
* Scythe Mugen 2 Rev B
* Corsair HX1000W PSU
* Corsair XMS3 1333MHz 7-7-7-20 6GB
* inno3d GTX480
* Case: Coolermaster CM690 ii advanced

I managed to isolate the problem to motherboard and CPU:
1. I breadboarded the mobo and pulled out everything but the PSU and CPU.
2. I replaced the Mugen with the Intel stock cooler and reseated the CPU.
3. The PSU manages to boot up my old PC so I don't think it's that.

In summary, the lights are on but nobody's home :(
Any ideas?

You've done your best. I would request an rma from gigabyte. They are the worst for responding; you may have to be persistant. I doubt the cpu failed unless you were overclocking with extra voltage.

ridge

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010
Thanks for the response.

I did overclock a little, but didn't try to max out (I can't remember the speed unfortunately)

G

Alright I am a bit late on this issue, Here goes green,yellow,red on the phase led's green representing low voltage on the voltage regulator,yellow being mildly overclocked YOU GOT TO REMEMBER YOU GOT ONE OF THE FASTEST BUILT TYPE BOARDS EVER PRODUCED GIGABYTE GO OC DOES THIS RING ANY BELLS.mildly I say which means watercooling yellow led. Then you said red on the phase AT THIS POINT YOU NEED TO HAVE A PHASE CHANGING SYSTEM TO COOL THAT MOTHERBOARD DOWN. In other words not so much voltage. Try to remove the cmos battery and try a fresh boot If you don't want to lose your data then buy a new hard drive,other wise buy a new motherboard of the exact brand and model.