Sign in with
Your question

Which Windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
November 8, 2011 10:35:40 PM

I building a new home computer, and need to decide which windows to install. I have 4gb of ram and plan to use the computer for netflix, writing for school, storing media, and just typicall everyday use. I think I'll get windows 7, but if you think I shouldn't please tell me why. Also, please tell me which of the Windows 7 models is best for my planned usage (Office, Professional, Home Premium, ect.), and 32bit or 64bit.

Thanks

More about : windows

November 8, 2011 10:51:58 PM

Home Premium. It's the basic version for Windows 7. Gaming, watching videos, movies, etc. The version (32-bit or 64-bit) depends on your system (if you have a x86 CPU, then 64-bit). There should be a system check-up on the Microsoft Windows website for this.
Related resources
November 9, 2011 5:49:12 AM

Home Premium 64bit edition will be the best for you!
November 9, 2011 10:06:58 AM

Daniel, As you don't give your age or occupation all the above posters have told you what is correct for you now, on the information you have given. If you are building a new system and it contains 64bit architecture then I agree that you should use that. Because that is the way forward in computing. That way you can expand your system as a 64bit system. Windows 7 is the the Windows edition of the moment. It is good and I use the Professional edition myself. Windows 8 is probably a year away maybe more, so if you want it now then Windows 7 is the best option. As for which edition of Windows 7 you want to use, then that depends on your likely future use. If after school comes highschool, then university, then a career that involves a lot of computer use then perhaps you should aim a little higher. I am retired but I plumped for the Professional version. I did not need bitlocker so I did not choose Ultimate. Whilst everyone agrees that Home Premium is correct for you NOW! Only you know what is better for you in the FUTURE!
Good luck.
!