Sign in with
Your question

My first gaming build. Help please!! (700-800 Euro)

Last response: in Systems
August 31, 2010 10:09:53 PM

Hello from Spain!! i'm going to build my first gaming pc and i would like to ask for some advice from you guys.

Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition 141 Euro
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H 127 Euro
RAM: Kingston Valueram 4gb Ddr3 1333 2x2gb 91 Euro
Graphics Card: Sapphire Radeon 5850 - Maybe too much in comparison with the rest of the pc? 274 Euro
PSU: ??? - On the website im going to buy all the hardware there are Corsair PSU's, they seem to be good ones, aren't they?
Cooler: ??? - help here!!
HDD: ??? - i don't need billions of GB's, maybe 250GB is enough.
DVD Driver: cheap dvd driver 22 Euro aprox.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: the sooner the better!!

BUDGET RANGE: 700-800 Euro

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: games and normal use

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: I only need the CPU.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: http://www.pccomponentes.com/configurador.php (online store here in Spain)

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Spain

OVERCLOCKING: No

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Not right now

Thanks in advance guys!!
August 31, 2010 10:47:00 PM

If you are not overclocking than why are you paying extra for a black edition CPU? How about the X4 945?
Also if you aren't overclocking the retail heat sink is fine.
If you are interested in something that is a little more quiet, the Freezer 7 pro V2 is adequate.

Corsair has fine power supplies, but they are not modular which means in your case you'll have plenty of extra cables. That's fine if cable management does not bother you. If interested, you could look at Antec for a modular supply. The coolermaster silentpower 600W is nice for a budget model.

I don't know that the HD5850 is too much for your setup, but not sure if it gives the best bang for buck. I would look at either the HD 5770 or the nVidia GTX460 as a better deal, but I can't say for certain in Spain.

I don't recommend you get a 250GB hard drive, because the density of the data is low and they won't be as fast. (have to move further to find stuff) 500GB is good, 1 TB and higher is better. I recommend the Samsung F3 500GB in your case.
September 1, 2010 2:40:46 AM

Processor: I agree with buzznut. The X4 945 for 130 Euro is a better value unless you plan to overclock later.

RAM: Go with the Mushkin Silverline ST DDR 1333 2x2GB for 73.95 Euro. It is a much better brand and a better value.

Graphics Card: I don't think a Radeon HD 5850 is too much at all. It looks like the ASUS Radeon HD 5850 is a better deal at 266 Euro. The Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB is a better value at 209 Euro if you don't want to spend that much.

PSU: I like the XFX XXX 650W power supply for 69.96 Euro. It's manufactured by Seasonic (one of the best), modular, and very efficient (80 Plus Bronze Certified). Your computer won't require very much power, especially if you don't overclock, so I wouldn't spend more than that on a power supply.

Cooler: Since you have to select an aftermarket cooler on that website, I would go with the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus for 23 Euro. It's very capable, and that's actually a decent price.

HDD: The Samsung Spinpoint 1TB for 66 Euro is probably the best value.

Total (Including Processor, Motherboard, RAM, Graphics Card, PSU, Cooler, HDD, and DVD Drive): ~778 Euro with the HD 5850, ~721 with the GTX 460
September 1, 2010 1:38:20 PM

Thanks a lot!!
i'm downgrading te processor to the 945, and getting the psu, cooler and hdd you say. In addition i'm buying the Asus with the ATI 5850 instead of the Sapphire.
!