Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Closed

How is it possible to recover deleted files after a format?

Tags:
  • Format
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
December 7, 2012 5:55:06 AM

Hi! Guys! I know the deleted files are not permanently gone and can be recovered. But how does that work? I had deleted my important files from my drive for a long time. Is that still possible to recover them back? What should I do?

More about : recover deleted files format

December 7, 2012 6:25:37 AM

When you delete things it just takes away the pointed so the OS can see where is it. It is only truly deleted when it is overwritten which is impossible to know when it's happened.

You can use recovery programs to try and recover but don't hold your breath.
Score
Anonymous
December 7, 2012 10:58:27 AM

EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard 5.6.1 - free version will let you recover upto 1GB of data from delted / formatted drives
Score
Related resources
a b G Storage
December 7, 2012 12:35:06 PM

If the format you did was a quick format possibly yes. If it was a full format then I would say no. As far as I know a quick format doesn't actually clear the data from the disk it just deletes the file address table. So the data is there but the disk has no record of it. By using an un-delete software you may be able to find the data but it surely won't be in the same state it was before. You will not find it with the filename it was saved previously, the software scans the disk for data and whatever it finds will be labled randomly. So you may have to look through hundreds of files until you find what you are looking for.
It is worth a try if the data is very important but it will take time.
Score
December 12, 2012 1:18:49 AM

QUOTED SPAM REDACTED - SS

Thank you very much at first!
I have carefully read your answer, I have learned a lot. Therefore, I also have tired your suggestion. This freeware is really free and efficient. Now I have recovered all my deleted files. They are really important for me.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Score
May 5, 2013 5:29:00 AM

dropcard1234kiiler said:
Hi! Guys! I know the deleted files are not permanently gone and can be recovered. But how does that work? I had deleted my important files from my drive for a long time. Is that still possible to recover them back? What should I do?

Score