Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Antec Sonata III air filter

Last response: in Components
November 21, 2010 7:07:07 PM

I own an Antec Sonata III 500. However, the washable air filter under the front bezel is broken and jammed.

Where can I find a replacement washable air filter?
November 21, 2010 8:45:26 PM

Antec will mail you one, possibly free. I used to request the rubber inserts that held my rear fan in place for the superlanboy. They shipped them for free. Just email them and tell them your part is defective.
m
l
November 22, 2010 12:59:22 PM

I'll email them today. However, I'm having a very difficult time removing the filter. Do you know if the front bezel can be removed?
m
l
Related resources
November 22, 2010 3:57:04 PM

I would call antec about removing the bezel. If you are worried about breaking one of the plastic tabs that hold it in place, I would simply vacuum the filter or leave it alone.
m
l

Best solution

November 22, 2010 6:55:56 PM

everything can be removed if you know how. Im not familiar with that case but, try removing the 2 side panels and look for clips/screws holding the bezel on from the inside. Once they are all released it should come off.
November 24, 2010 3:52:58 PM

It's hard to remove the front bezel when you have usb, light and two audio/microphone plugs connected to the plate that's located on the front bezel.

I didn't purchase this case. It purchased a custom Linux computer from a computer maker. However, they have gone out of business about 1 1/2 years ago.

I'm stuck...
m
l
December 1, 2010 12:53:24 PM

I received an email from support with the following comment:

From Support:

The best way to remove the filter is to remove the front panel first. There are 6 tabs that are used to keep the front panel in place. Three on the left side and three on the right side.

You may have to remove the optical drive and the hard drives to reach the other tabs.

I'm sure that it can be done. If the bezel cracks they'll have to mail me a new one. In the meantime, they're mailing a new filter.
m
l
December 1, 2010 12:56:06 PM

Best answer selected by Romanator.
m
l
!