Solved

Gigabyte GTX 460 1gb SLI

I was wondering will these have an issue in SLI?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=14-125-333&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=100&SelectedRating=5&PurchaseMark=&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&Keywords=

is what the video card looks like. they don't have the "rear exhaust" that some cards now have. So will this be an issue when they are back to back next to each other?

I will be putting this into a....

CPU: i7 930
Mobo: eVGA X58 SLI
PSU: XFX 750W Black edition
CPU Fan: Corsair H50
Case: Not really sure bought a while ago, but Cooler Master brand.

Just worried about the heat build up from the one card blowing into the back of the other one.
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gigabyte
  1. As long as you space the cards apart it shouldn't be a problem. The 460s aren't hot anyways.
  2. Two gpu's back to back can always be a issue. But with the gtx 460's I have read a lot of good experiences. That even the hotter top card is never 'to hot'. Do you have two exhaust fans in your case. A back and a top ? This will help.
  3. Best answer
    as long as you have adequate airflow you have nothing to worry about, the 460's run cool so it shouldn't be an issue at all. Your overall case temps will rise so just make sure your exhausts are removing the warm air out the rear.
  4. I would go for the evga superclocked in sli. That will fit!
  5. Speaking of the fans while we are on topic, i will have a rear fan for the "radiator" for the Corsair H50. I have two side fans, and no top fan yet. I was gonna install some more fans once i get closer to actually building the computer (still in the gathering phase).

This is my first computer that I'm building that i'm considering the airflow of the case since most of the stuff i'm getting is higher grade than i usually get when i build computers. Do i want all the fans pushing the air out of the case? or do i need a push/pull configuration like, pull from the rear and push out from top and side?

I guess the fan placement for my case is the crucial part to the SLI situation
  6. if you can swap the cards for a pair that will exhaust the hot air out the rear you wont have to worry about your case temps.

something like this :

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130568&cm_re=EVGA_GTX_460-_-14-130-568-_-Product

you already have an EVGA board, why not pair it up with some EVGA 460's?
  7. Because i already purchased 1 gigabyte GTX 460 =/ haha it was a good deal at the time, got it around like 210, tried to order two but couldn't, so im looking for another gigabyte one.
  8. You can buy an gtx 460 1gb but you need to set it at the same clock speed as your gigabyte.
  9. If you would not have bought it before i would have suggested the msi model witch cools a little better in SLI.
    But the gigabyte model is ok too.
  10. JackDaniels10700 said:
    Speaking of the fans while we are on topic, i will have a rear fan for the "radiator" for the Corsair H50. I have two side fans, and no top fan yet. I was gonna install some more fans once i get closer to actually building the computer (still in the gathering phase).

This is my first computer that I'm building that i'm considering the airflow of the case since most of the stuff i'm getting is higher grade than i usually get when i build computers. Do i want all the fans pushing the air out of the case? or do i need a push/pull configuration like, pull from the rear and push out from top and side?

I guess the fan placement for my case is the crucial part to the SLI situation

Hot air rises, so I believe the best config is to have the front case fan pull cool air in, the side fans pull cool air in, the rear and top to push hot air out
  11. Best answer selected by JackDaniels10700.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia SLI Graphics Product